Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its not. You are 100% correct, another major Pruitt mistake was ignoring the in state talent because he thought he could get the horses from GA and FL.
I agree that we should take guys from other states that absolutely want to be here. But in state guys usually want to play for pride. This ‘22 class is one of the best instate classes we’ve had in a long time. We need to land as many of them as we can.

Reactions: mr.checkerboards
1. They could meet on zoom and go over coverages and the mental aspect of the games.
2. Could still coach players through workouts.
3. Actually coached their freshman instead of whining and crying about contact tracing.
Literally every school in the country had to deal with COVID. Tn fans are just the only one stupid enough to believe its why their team was bad.

1. Have you done zoom calls in your business? They are definitely no where near as productive as hands on
2. The players were not allowed on campus so they could not monitor workouts directly
3. The covid rules are UT were extreme and other programs.... we constantly had guys isolated(no contact with coaches) that never tested positive for covid...... we had to cancel a few preseason scrimmages bc we didn’t have enough players available to do them..... I want to win more than anyone but I’m also realistic about our expectations for what a coaches can accomplish when the university sets rules that don’t allow them to do their job.... my daughter goes through it at her high school it’s ridiculous... 2 weeks before her first game.... at practice, every player had to have their own ball and wasn’t allowed to touch another ball.... tell me how her team is suppose to get better.

Reactions: SmokinBob
Did Texas go after Urban, get turned down by him, come out and make a statement about Herman being their coach moving forward, while all the while courting Sarkisian or whomever?

If so, that's crafty for sure. Also, way to announce the Herman firing and the same day trotting out your new hire. That's how it needs to be done when you fire a coach. Have the replacement ready!

Will the first UT learn this lesson from the second UT?

Some of our insiders..... I feel know things..... they may be wrong some but they tell us what they hear.... you just have to figure out who you trust.
Exactly. That's what I was saying about Russell. I like listening to him and Bear. Mainly because they seem like two dudes who like to talk sports. And Russell seems humble and openly admits he had no insider status.

Exactly. That's what I was saying about Russell. I like listening to him and Bear. Mainly because they seem like two dudes who like to talk sports. And Russell seems humble and openly admits he had no insider status.
Yeah I them and TB

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back