Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only problem is Gump won’t leave whoever he hires alone. As long as he is micromanaging everything it isn’t going to matter who he hires
Do we have proof he is? Maybe there has been, but I don't remember any surefire evidence. Maybe someone should ask Hubbs.

I just think Chaney is mediocre on his own. A career C- OC grade from Dave Bartoo iirc. Never seen him on a top 10/15 OC list.

He had improved most things in year two..... I wait till see what he can do in hopefully semi normal year IF we decide to keep him
Theres nothing to see and keeping him another year just sets recruiting back even farther. Its now or just give the program the death penalty and start over in 5 years or so. Your "improvement" is akin to beating Vandy 8 times, wooooo boy that's impressive. Gee make him HC for life.

is that a narrative you know is true or a narrative you choose to believe?
It was reported before the season started...... Pruitt was complaining about it all the time and that was before the season.... not after a rough year..... it was also fact that a few scrimmages were cancelled for that reason and why they did freshman/sophomore scrimmages on Sunday nights during the season to catch younger guys up.

It would be a bad hire for them TX offense was fine and OSU will pay for a DC

I repeat:

OSU is NOT gonna hire a coach that was just fired.

I know that’s what some want here, but there are programs that are above hiring just fired coaches in hopes they work out at their school bc it’s a “different situation”

Then we need to move on. What is the possible benefit?
It's what UT will have signed up for if he returns. We all know it'll be really tough to get good coaches to come here. They also need 2 years for the Jeremy 2.0 plan and a load of new asst coaches to have any chance to succeed. This is what UT is knowingly signing up for.

Reactions: DuckRiverVol
They did not have the same rules to follow as our university set up for us..... just like a high school down the street went full throttle with basketball practice and we had to half-a$$ it.... there is a huge difference...... I’m ready to move on as well but at the same time I understand the challenges here were extreme.
Most fans do not understand this

Reactions: SmokinBob
I repeat:

OSU is NOT gonna hire a coach that was just fired.

I know that’s what some want here, but there are programs that are above hiring just fired coaches in hopes they work out at their school bc it’s a “different situation”
Then he could go somwhere until Fickell gets a look. I just think Herman may end up at OSU at some point because of his ties with Urban

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back