Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its a lazy excuse. There are still 100 ways of making your team better. Coaches who use this as an excuse are just looking for a way to cover their own ass because they aren't good coaches.
It's been said Pruitt didn't even think the season would happen and seemingly prepared like it. The guy is not a CEO type. He's Dwight. Great at a lower position, but put him in charge and he fires off a gun inside the office.

You guys are, quite perplexingly, applying UT decision-making logic to actual, real life, currently successful football programs that compete for a National Championship on a yearly basis.

They would never.

UT? Sure, sounds about right. Roll the dice and hope for the best.
I'm out on Gus, but I'd give Herman a chance. It's not like he utterly failed at Texas. And guys already at top programs are not leaving those programs for UT. Anyone we hire would be a crapshoot.

OSU would have the easiest hire ever in Fickell. Wouldn't miss a beat.

That would be interesting, considering they passed him up after naming him interim HC for a year before hiring Urban. I don’t know it’s quite that simple.

You guys are, quite perplexingly, applying UT decision-making logic to actual, real life, currently successful football programs that compete for a National Championship on a yearly basis.

They would never.

UT? Sure, sounds about right. Roll the dice and hope for the best.

You said “some here” so you brought UT into the discussion.

Ohio State probably won’t be looking unless Day heads to the NFL. And I definitely think if Herman is available they wouldn’t be shy about interviewing him. Doubt he’s high on their list with Campbell & Fickell both being Ohio guys, but there’s no reason not to interview/talk to successful candidates who don’t have buyouts to deal with. Gus & Herman both are career 66%+ winning percentage coaches and have experience in the power 5.

I think any program with an opening should at least interview the guys, neither has even had a losing season.

Reactions: JohnnyD1024
It was reported before the season started...... Pruitt was complaining about it all the time and that was before the season.... not after a rough year..... it was also fact that a few scrimmages were cancelled for that reason and why they did freshman/sophomore scrimmages on Sunday nights during the season to catch younger guys up.
That's why it definitely hurt us starting the season, which is why we lost our first few games. But once we got to practicing in-season, it wasn't a factor and we went on our winning streak.

IMG_20201211_124931.jpg

I'm out on Gus, but I'd give Herman a chance. It's not like he utterly failed at Texas. And guys already at top programs are not leaving those programs for UT. Anyone we hire would be a crapshoot.

For UT, yes Herman is a viable and solid candidate.

For OSU, no.

Reactions: Dudley Smith
That is all they can do....no lifting weights..... no cardio.... no working on timing..... no getting use to the spend of the game....do you think you could watch videos and be ready against teams that have went full throttle in practice especially when the difference between success and failure is so small in the sec?
Yep, hurt so bad that they won their first two games then the team got worse as the season continued. Boy sure wish they could've practiced more so they could've went 1-9. It did so much good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back