Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sark will have to get a DC that can nationally recruit. It’s been the Achilles heal if that program. Offense hasn’t been the issue there.

Mack Brown has shown at UNC that he obviously was not done being a top coach. He had guys like Manny Diaz and Muschamp as DC that could not field dominate defenses there then they leave and immediately have success in defense again when Muschamp went to Florida and Diaz went to Miss St.

Then insert Charlie Strong who had elite defenses as DC and put a ton of dudes in NFL from his Louisville defenses. Yet his defense couldn’t never get close to reaching elite level at TX.

Insert Tom Herman. He brought Todd Orlando with him to TX. Orlando has fielded very good defenses everywhere he has been except TX. He helped improved USC this year one yr removed from TX.

There is one common denominator here. It’s the in state talent. Toward end of Mack Brown era that state started going spread/air raid at every HS. They quit developing elite defensive players and only top offensive playmakers. All the playmakers grow up wanting to play offense. It’s become clear that you can’t win defensively with TX talent. We shall see if Sark figures that out

Chris Ash did a nice job with Texas this year. Sark either keeps him or brings in Muschamp as DC. Not as sure about Manny Diaz, what UNC did to his defense at Miami looked a lot like when Taysom Hill ran his defense over at Texas.

Big 12 offenses just make defenses look bad, they just started that trend before the SEC did. Did you ever think you’d see an LSU-Alabama game like that one last year? Or the way Florida and Bama lit up UGA’s defense this year? There’s some great in-state defensive talent in Texas, they just need to keep it there. Jeff Okudah, K’Lavion Chaisson, Kenneth Murray, are all Texas players who left.

They have some talent on the defense, but ultimately the Sark hire is going to be about trying to build a dominant offense like Bama has or LSU had, and outscore everyone. It’s worked for Lincoln Riley at OU, and if he stays on the wagon it could work for Sark.

I admit I’m a game day NFL guy, I don’t follow any team specifically, but I’m surprised at all these college guys getting looks for NFL jobs.

Seems out of the ordinary.
Imo NFL is slowly learning innovation typically comes from the lower levels where guys are more free to try something new/better. NFL orgs are extremely risk averse, so not as many risk trying something new within the league. So let the best innovators prove themselves in college and then buy em up.

Just look at analytics. NFL orgs, with all their resources, should have been the ones pushing the envelope. Instead they've been following because so many analytic-based decisions spur common "folk theory" decisions...always punt on 4th down...wait to go for 2 till the very end of the game rather than earlier, etc.

Reactions: Dudley Smith
Again now you're changing your tune. Practice was so important that when the staff got to actually coach the kids the whole team regressed. Just quit while you're behind
Ok you are correct.... I have a contact inside the sports management team..... I will set up a zoom meeting with the players and fix the team myself.

Adam Gase has a better record than Marrone...but hasn’t really done much at the college level.

Weird guy too, don’t know if he could cut it at this level. But I am also surprised how well Herm Edwards is doing, who knows.

Adam Gase has a better record than Marrone...but hasn’t really done much at the college level.

Weird guy too, don’t know if he could cut it at this level. But I am also surprised how well Herm Edwards is doing, who knows.
As a Dolphin fan who has been living in Jax, Doug Marrone is substantially better than Gase as a HC

Reactions: Nash_Vol97
Yep, hurt so bad that they won their first two games then the team got worse as the season continued. Boy sure wish they could've practiced more so they could've went 1-9. It did so much good.
🤣😂 The covid excuse is completely dismantled given the trajectory of our season. Why people keep throwing it out as an excuse is mindboggling.

We beat Missouri who was starting the wrong QB and a horrible South Carolina..... probably would have been a decent season if JG hadn’t had another meltdown...... that’s why I hope no controversy.... get bailey ready and let’s roll.
We beat Missouri because they just fired a coach and didn’t have a spring or summer to install their entire scheme.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back