Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, Urban to Jax, Mehlen to the Jets, Hugh Freeze to Florida, and Doug Marrone or Adam Gase to Tennessee. That's the Vol way!
Doug Marrone is a good coach. He would be what people who don't watch Auburn games think Gus is.

Gase on the other hand...

I'm out on Gus, but I'd give Herman a chance. It's not like he utterly failed at Texas. And guys already at top programs are not leaving those programs for UT. Anyone we hire would be a crapshoot.
Out on most NFL guys. Tend to be not as good at recruiting or development.

Reactions: Devo182
But at least they're trying. Not sitting on their ass twittling their thumbs
Considering we've had 5 coaches in 13 years or so it's really not fair to imply they're sitting around doing nothing. In fact, we know that's not true. They just haven't yet made the decision that fans want them to make.

That doesn't mean Marrone is the right fit here and now.
He would never win a natty here. He would never win less than 7 games either. There are people so tired of being an embarrassment they would settle for that. Personally I would rather keep going after people you think can be the guy until you hit on one.

Unless we are getting Urban Meyer or Bob Stoops, every coach out there has some degree of "meh" to him. Our only hope would be to have an absolute stud in the coaching ranks who is a UT alum, has already proven himself, and is dying to come home....or to get lucky and accidentally hire the next Saban. The first scenario simply doesn't exist and the second is extremely unlikely. We're gonna have to hire a moderately "meh" guy and hope he fixes whatever deficits he has/had. I do think Herman is a little less meh than Malzahn FWIW.
Herman failed at a school that is considered one of the best and easiest jobs anywhere...he sure ain't gonna fix this mess.

Considering we've had 5 coaches in 13 years or so it's really not fair to imply they're sitting around doing nothing. In fact, we know that's not true. They just haven't yet made the decision that fans want them to make.
Then say he's back and work on finding the best assistants possible. But the point of my other post was, Herman had won a decent amount, but TX felt like he wasn't going to get them over the hump so they moved on. TN is sitting on their hands with a guy its obvious isn't going to work. Its not fans being mad, the writing is on the wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back