Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol. He wins 70% of his games. We would consistently win 8-9 games a year. Even if we never win the East, this past decade has been so bad that 8-9 wins a year for ten years would be very welcomed. I guess you just see he is fired and don’t do any research on him. His three losses were by a combined 13 points this year. He would be a big hire.
Since 2005 we have averaged 6 wins per season. Herman would come in here an win a min of 8 games per season and have us competing for the east every 3-4 years. Would take that in a heartbeat. Amazing that people are trying to act like he isn't good enough to come here.

Reactions: Smyrna ATL Vol
But but but all our guys were transferring to lesser schools
Yeah, Rivals ranked guys in the portal by position and most of our guys were in the top 5 at their position. JG was the #2 QB, Lowe and Pope two of the top TE's, Brandon Johnson one of the top WRs. Not a lot of good players in the portal so far.

Its harder to rebuild at a historically bad program that is incredibly hard to recruit to with limited budget and resources. Then a blue blood program that has some of the best resources and highest budgets.

But if it’s so easy why aren’t these programs rebuilt more often? This argument is so old and out played. They’ve always been in the ACC. They still struggled with weak schedules
A rebuild in the ACC doesn’t equal the same thing as one in the SEC. The ACC has been exposed this bowl season. They haven’t won a game and both of their “elite” teams were embarrassed yesterday.

Well..... we're waiting......
:cool:
Ansley and JP are the only coaches actively recruiting. They’ve gone down the list of every uncommitted player in the top 300 and shot their shot. One of the assistants was hospitalized because of Covid. Tee is looking for a way out.

Reactions: VolsNUT
Ansley and JP are the only coaches actively recruiting. They’ve gone down the list of every uncommitted player in the top 300 and shot their shot. One of the assistants was hospitalized because of Covid. Tee is looking for a way out.

Didn't say which assistant was hospitalized?
Very telling if Tee is looking for a way out in my opinion.

A rebuild in the ACC doesn’t equal the same thing as one in the SEC. The ACC has been exposed this bowl season. They haven’t won a game and both of their “elite” teams were embarrassed yesterday.
Sure a tougher schedule makes it harder. So does having a roster full of 3*’s that weren’t recruited by the likes of Clemson, Tennessee, Florida Bama. Having limited resources and budgets. UNC cares wayyyy more about Bball then Football. Hell of a lot more than simply schedule goes into a rebuild. Again if it was so easy at Acc schools then you’d see teams rebuilt way more often. Look at FSU

Tee has been getting tagged in recent offer tweets so he’s still recruiting too.

Reactions: SLICKYINC
I think the fact that Ole Miss, Kentucky and Mississippi State won against "ranked" teams when they had losing records just shows that this year is not something you can use as a measure of how good or bad your team was.

I'm going to think positive. I'm good if we fire Pruitt, but if he stays I'm going to hope they get good replacement coaches and pray this was all a fluke.

Sure a tougher schedule makes it harder. So does having a roster full of 3*’s that weren’t recruited by the likes of Clemson, Tennessee, Florida Bama. Having limited resources and budgets. UNC cares wayyyy more about Bball then Football. Hell of a lot more than simply schedule goes into a rebuild. Again if it was so easy at Acc schools then you’d see teams rebuilt way more often. Look at FSU
Mack Brown is a national championship winning coach. Of course he can make Carolina look good against weak competition. You can’t compare a rebuilding team in the ACC vs the SEC. Good coaches can do that. It takes an elite one to do it in the SEC no matter which school (Florida, Bama, and UGA included)

Chizik off the top of my head...I’ll be back.

I looked it up, since BCS started in 1998, 10 offensive-minded HC’s have won national championships vs 5 defensive-minded HC’s. Hopefully we’ll play the odds, and the next HC will be an offensive guy.

Reactions: Vols4us
Anyone think Tee would be a target for Sark to join his staff? Was on his staff while at USC.
Yes. Contract is up and going to be hard to pay him the money he is going to want. USC has been footing the bill for the majority of his salary for the past two years.

I think he will be Texas OC or WR coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back