Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like others have said, in the game of basketball you will have games like this. I've been concerned with the length of this team from the get-go. I thought some of the Bama guys gave our guys fits with their length tonight. When your shots are falling you don't have to worry about that as much. Hopefully, they will learn from this game and be better for it.

Reactions: UTProf and JCP201
Mack Brown is a national championship winning coach. Of course he can make Carolina look good against weak competition. You can’t compare a rebuilding team in the ACC vs the SEC. Good coaches can do that. It takes an elite one to do it in the SEC no matter which school (Florida, Bama, and UGA included)
Not sure id put Mullen in the elite category but ight. Def not Smart and he went to a natty. Ed O won a natty. Being at blue bloods make it 100x times easier

Since 2005 we have averaged 6 wins per season. Herman would come in here an win a min of 8 games per season and have us competing for the east every 3-4 years. Would take that in a heartbeat. Amazing that people are trying to act like he isn't good enough to come here.

To put in perspective: Butch Jones is UT’s coach of the decade

Ansley and JP are the only coaches actively recruiting. They’ve gone down the list of every uncommitted player in the top 300 and shot their shot. One of the assistants was hospitalized because of Covid. Tee is looking for a way out.
chaney is eating and tee needs to go. Nieds is history so I would say Graham covid.

Not sure id put Mullen in the elite category but ight. Def not Smart and he went to a natty. Ed O won a natty. Being at blue bloods make it 100x times easier
I don’t know about 100x. It’s more about the coach than the program. Look at USC, Nebraska, Texas, Tennessee, Florida State, Miami. All “blue bloods” and haven’t made real noise without “elite coaching”

I don’t know about 100x. It’s more about the coach than the program. Look at USC, Nebraska, Texas, Tennessee, Florida State, Miami. All “blue bloods” and haven’t made real noise without “elite coaching”
of course you still have to have a good coach. But you can have a good coach and have elite results (uga, lsu). Historically bad programs don’t put much into their program, they don’t recruit well, just because their schedule is easy doesn’t mean a rebuild is easy. Their talent level is still comparable to those crappy teams

And it’s not easy to rebuild when you can pull in top 10 classes, and have top 10 recruiting budgets, resources and assistant budgets? If it’s so easy why aren’t these teams rebuilt more often?
When 7 other schools in your conference, and 1 ACC school in your region also have all this too, it cancels it out

With Sark going to Texas and Tee Martin as a possibility of going there, I will say that I'm glad that Salter has already signed. I bet Sark targets that 2022 Texas QB who was committed to them, but then flipped to Ohio State.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back