Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
He failed despite having every resource imaginable..in a conference where he vastly outtalented every other school besides Oklahoma.

I think it’s a little harsh to say “failure” because he literally did not fail because he won more games than he lost every year both overall and in conference. He’s also 5-0 in bowl games which i think is a good thing in terms of him having his team prepared.

Did he live up to expectations? No. Did he fail? I don’t think so.

I'd take never had a losing season over two losing seasons in three years every time. Not sure who it is you think we're going to hire IF Pruitt gets fired. Urban Meyer or Bob Stoops aren't likely to be walking through that door. Doubt Matt Campbell would take the job, and doesn't he have a huge buyout anyway? My guess is UT will not take the chance on Hugh Freeze's baggage. So who are you looking at? Fickell? Napier? Chadwell? I like Herman as much or more than either of those three.

So in terms of the new age offenses A&M is using an antique style.

do we expect Jimbo to fail going forward if he sticks to this style?

Define fail.

Will he succeed at a level commensurate with his lofty contract? No. Won’t win a NC like that.

I’m convinced that UT admin not only read this board but post here as well. Because anyone that refers to Mullen and Herman as meh, while advocating to keep Pruitt has got to belong in the same crowd that’s been making UT football decisions the last 20 years.
Who has advocated to keep Pruitt?

I wouldn’t hate it. But more along the lines of recruit your state and close region hard and get some damn coaches who can develop.
I wouldn’t like it but it’s better than letting Pruitt continue. Fulmer would lock down this state and leave the next coach some talent. He may even want to prove himself again like Mac. I just want some kind of change to show we care.

Edit: I guarantee Steele would be our DC. I could live with seeing a year with Fulmer HC and Steele DC.

I wouldn’t like it but it’s better than letting Pruitt continue. Fulmer would lock down this state and leave the next coach some talent. He may even want to prove himself again like Mac. I just want some kind of change to show we care.
I’d even take a Jim Tressel like coach at this point that could bring in a real coaching staff.

Let Fulmer take the reigns?

He’s got too much of the reign now, and that’s part of the problem IMO. The same problems that plagued him the first time he got fired are still there: failure to recognize and adapt to changes in the game and unsatisfactory track record for hiring and firing personnel.

Edit: I guarantee Steele would be our DC. I could live with seeing a year with Fulmer HC and Steele DC.
Would be a terrible idea. Our O would be worse than UK's

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back