Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe but Freeze’s best team that won 10 games and upset Alabama with Chad Kelly. 3 1st round draft picks, and the best nickel back in the NFL Mike Hilton..... Lost to Florida by 28, Memphis by double digits and Arkansas.
So you think that Ole Miss team that won 10 games had more talent than the 2016 UT team?

Reactions: HankHill
My worst fear would be people getting too under the influence that they would **** with my animals.

I enjoy smoking, but some people get carried away with it and then try to be funny. Me personally? I'm a loud mouth when I smoke, but I know others that are a different type.

People may look down on me for smoking, but I'm responsible with it.
Grow an Indica strain. More calming. Probably better suited for the Tennessee climate as well.

On Chadwell, for folks that have studied his offense, has he adapted it over the years? Curious as he has grown and moved around if he has adapted his offense? As some others have mentioned, I'm trying to grasp his offense here and personnel necessary to run it. Not saying he can't or can get it done just curious how those who have looked it over believe it translates.

Let's face it folks, if a move is made and a warm body with a pulse (that isn't named Butch Jones or Derek Dooley) is trotted out there, it is an improvement. Nothing against CJP personally, he just may be much better suited to be a Defensive Coordinator vs. HBC. CJP wants to win and get it done, it just may be too much for him. He doesn't come across as someone all that interested in booster and media events, shaking hands/kissing babies, etc that comes with the territory of HBC.

It occurred to me that I never posted a mini-horse.

miniaturehorse_mg_1002.jpg

He makes 350k at CC
ATL said Chadwell as OC has been mentioned but he didn’t think he’d take the spot
Id much rather have Chadwell at HC and Marrone at OL
Let Chaney call the offense and work with the QB
**Some fat cats want Gus as the OC**
There’s absolutely no scenario where Chaney could be the OC for Chadwell and it work. Also chaney doesn’t even recruit so why would you even Want that?

I don't think Chadwell would leave for an OC position, even though as you said it would still come with a significant raise.

You’re probably right. Be nice if they could sell him on letting an NFL guy and an SEC vet at DC groom him for 3 or 4 years for potential HC spot, and tripling his pay while they’re at it.

Personally I think the 2106 team had enough talent and experience to win the SEC and we go 9-4. To me that is the definition of underperforming and I think that shows you how much Butch was out of his depth. A good coach like Freeze would’ve had that team in the National Championship.
Freeze wouldn't have had that team in the national championship, but he definitely would have won the East with it.

Maybe but Freeze’s best team that won 10 games and upset Alabama with Chad Kelly. 3 1st round draft picks, and the best nickel back in the NFL Mike Hilton..... Lost to Florida by 28, Memphis by double digits and Arkansas.
Freeze had a good frontline talent at some key positions at Ole Miss, but his teams weren't quite deep enough. Hence the upset wins combined with upset losses.

I don’t think anyone - even people who really dislike Pruitt - would argue he’s a bad football coach.

He’s a bad head coach and program leader.
No...I have read hundreds of idiot posts on here that say he is a all around suckass coach, and he was just lucky to have great talent at FSU and Bama.

They harp on the regression on defense this year as proof.

Reactions: OrangenSC
No...I have read hundreds of idiot posts on here that say he is a all around suckass coach, and he was just lucky to have great talent at FSU and Bama.

They harp on the regression on defense this year as proof.
Given what he's done to my beloved UT football, objectivity is out the window and yeah, I think he's an all around suckass.

I'll admit to bias.

Reactions: VOL6479
I think Chadwell makes less than $500,000 per year. We could probably double or even triple his salary at UT as OC. What about a Marrone - HC, Steele - DC, Chadwell - OC set up?
If I'm not mistaken, he recently signed a contract extension putting him well over a million. Also, he's not coming here as OC.

Reactions: vol494
We just hired a literal viking. Ight I'm hype againView attachment 339021

He is a beast. I played football with him at Maryville. Believe it or not, at the time, he was not regarded as one of the more physical linemen. He was a little bit soft if I recall. Looks like he turned on the jets after high school, though. Good for him. I'm sure this is a dream opportunity for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back