Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m starting to warm up to the idea of Fleck.

That’s ONLY if we miss out on Campbell and Fickell.
What if DW is successful at preventing all leaks so you won't have any clue if anyone else was even a target? Will the only way yer happy be if the program has to suffer embarrassing public rejections? Weird logic but to each their own i guess.

Don’t understand the love for Fleck. Where is he proven he can recruit? No southeast ties, lackluster roster MN where has had been recruiting in his region of competence - upper Midwest.

There is zero indication this guy can recruit and no relationships in southeast.

All the lovers are blindly ignoring the terrible roster and season MN just had in year 4.

Lol he’s put more dudes in the league from WMU and Minnesota than UT has over that same timeframe and you’re worried about his recruiting chops

What if DW is successful at preventing all leaks so you won't have any clue if anyone else was even a target? Will the only way yer happy be if the program has to suffer embarrassing public rejections? Weird logic but to each their own i guess.

What the hell are you talking about?

The program has been an embarrassment for decades now.

I don’t care if other coaches turn us down.

I’d be more pissed if we didn’t try going after the top coaches.

Yea, but unfortunately many children get that "favorite toy" they covet so much taken away by the bulley down the street..
I mean, if Campbell ever wants to be truly relevant, he'll leave there. And I'm not saying he'll be relevant here. That's a crap shoot. But he'll never win anything of real significance at ISU. Maybe they have dreams of it, but reality is ISU will not be competing for NCs. And again, not saying we will be, but it's certainly far more likely to happen here than it is there.

Lol he’s put more dudes in the league from WMU and Minnesota than UT has over that same timeframe and you’re worried about his recruiting chops
He didn’t recruit the haul from MN last year. This year is his roster and it is lackluster and they were terrible. I do believe he can develop players though not proven by this season. My bigger concern is ZERO relationships.

He will not recruit at the level needed to be elite in SEC.

CMU consistently has a few drafted every year for the past 10.

With Elliot, if he is ultimately the hire, I think he does two things early which are vital for success. These are just my opinion based on videos I have watched of him and his reputation and history as a top notch recruiter.

1. I think he will win the team over immediately. There won't need to be a purging of "Pruitt players". This lets him get a quick start on changing the culture of the program. Ie no year zero.
2. He will recruit very well and build early excitement and momentum going into spring.

Players who are bought in and go out and show everyone a great team in the Spring along with an exciting offense and greatly improved QB play. THEN you have fans once again excited and counting the days down to opening day. I think I've convinced myself he'll do better than Fleck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back