Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys can continue to talk about the mythical talent level of our team until you're blue in the face. The fact of the matter is that talent is irrelevant unless it materializes as production on the field in games. Our team got whipped almost across the board on the field, and that has happened for many years now. Will Heupel's coaching staff waive a magic wand that suddenly radically changes the trajectory of production for virtually every position group on this team? Maybe, but it's highly unlikely.
The team quit. Period. So of course they got whipped. Plus the archaic offense didn’t help. I don’t think people realize that this isn’t a hard offense to implement. And it works. It doesn’t take three years to get rolling like Chaney or other coaches will want you to believe. If you score a lot of points, you can compete with anyone. Look at Ole Miss. They may have had the worst defense I have ever witnessed but they were in every game they played because they scored a lot.

People don't want to see it. They choose not to see it. It's like the most severe form of BVS. The only reason we shouldn't make 7 wins this season is if we're bit by the injury bug. Barring that, 7 wins should be our floor. A competent coaching staff should be able to accomplish that. We're not as bad off as people want to opine. Even with what we've lost, we should have the talent to be middle of the pack SEC. A good coaching staff gets us there.
You are in for a rude awakening this fall.

I just can’t. If you believe this then you do not keep up with college football. I could have listened to them being familiar with their systems and further along and probably get us this year. I can’t get behind any argument where those teams out talent us in any way. And please show me a QB to be scared of on any of those teams not named Ole Miss. All average as hell.
You don't believe a single player on either team is better than ours?

It probably would have went away if Pruitt was winning and more well liked.
True, but it just goes to show you can't be an obnoxious ass hole while failing at your job and hand the people you piss off the very ammunition they need to take you down. Honestly, Pruitt should have had the common sense to treat people respectfully, at least until he EARNED the right to be arrogant like Papa Nick. But I guess the limited Bammer intelligence did him in.

My whole point, he dug his own grave. It's hard, impossible for me, to have sympathy for him.

True, but it just goes to show you can't be an obnoxious ass hole while failing at your job and hand the people you piss off the very ammunition they need to take you down. Honestly, Pruitt should have had the common sense to treat people respectfully, at least until he EARNED the right to be arrogant like Papa Nick. But I guess the limited Bammer intelligence did him in.

My whole point, he dug his own grave. It's hard, impossible for me, to have sympathy for him.
I have no sympathy for him..... I hate what we have done to our university

What's the point of being a fan if you expect failure? I'm not going to wallow in the misery you've embraced.
It is simply the reality of the situation. And as with other coaches before, I'll be here in the fall with a level tone while the people like you who are blind to the situation are apoplectic at all the wrong things. That you can look at the last decade of SEC football, look the current landscape, look at the shape of our roster that's basically like we've already got scholarship penalties, look at two of our perennial rivals amassing talent at rates hitherto unseen, then look at the state of the program as a whole and how it's perceived by recruits who grew up as fans and had the opportunity to come here, all of these things. That you could take all that in, and say with your chest that 7 wins should be the floor for this season is just living in a fantasy world. It's not 2013. This program is not nearly healthy enough to expect 7 wins from even an easy schedule like this.

It is simply the reality of the situation. And as with other coaches before, I'll be here in the fall with a level tone while the people like you who are blind to the situation are apoplectic at all the wrong things. That you can look at the last decade of SEC football, look the current landscape, look at the shape of our roster that's basically like we've already got scholarship penalties, look at two of our perennial rivals amassing talent at rates hitherto unseen, then look at the state of the program as a whole and how it's perceived by recruits who grew up as fans and had the opportunity to come here, all of these things. That you could take all that in, and say with your chest that 7 wins should be the floor for this season is just living in a fantasy world. It's not 2013. This program is not nearly healthy enough to expect 7 wins from even an easy schedule like this.
The reality is, its a game. You have to play the games before you can win or lose them. I hope these players expect to win every game or they have already lost the ones they expect to lose. If this team can score, they will have the opportunity to beat some teams they aren't expected to. I want to see a team that plays smart tough football and doesn't quit when the chips are down.

Recently got Hulu + Live TV so I have the ACC Network. Anyone watch Parker and Durham in the mornings? Nice little show. Still like Marty and McGhee more though.

People don't want to see it. They choose not to see it. It's like the most severe form of BVS. The only reason we shouldn't make 7 wins this season is if we're bit by the injury bug. Barring that, 7 wins should be our floor. A competent coaching staff should be able to accomplish that. We're not as bad off as people want to opine. Even with what we've lost, we should have the talent to be middle of the pack SEC. A good coaching staff gets us there.
I don’t really want to put a win total # on this staff for year one. We’re not going to be very good and we have have 0 wiggle room for injuries. We’ve been pretty lucky injury wise the last few years so probably just a matter of time before the bug bites us. Here’s what i want to see:

1. Win or close losses in 10/12 games. I can stomach a couple of blowouts specifically to bama and Georgia but we need to be in every other game.

2. Creativity on offense and less rotation on the OL and really just in general. Same thing for position switching. They haven’t done any so far which is what JH said and i like it. I think there’s a few good candidates tho for switches.

3. Build recruiting momentum specifically in the summer before the season. Camps can start June 1st and apparently this staff has a couple big things planned and a couple new concepts like when top golf comes to neyland.

4. I want to see more man and man free defenses and mix up our pressures. We were way too vanilla on defense the last two years.

You don't believe a single player on either team is better than ours?
Lol. Where was that implied at all? Lord have mercy some people on here will say anything. I am saying overall roster. I would take our WR, DL, OL, QB, and RB room over MZ, KY, or Pitt. Do not mistake lack of coaching for lack of talent at some positions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back