Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Calhouns sauce is meant to be cooked. It's waaayyy too vinegary and tomato-y straight from the bottle. I agree for pulled pork I'd take buddy's. Ribs though, man Calhouns is really good. And their spinach Maria is unreal.
Agree about the spinach Maria. Their steak with Worcestershire butter is also very good.

Reactions: jave36
I wonder if we try to take two QB’s this year

I mean, if Milton comes in and starts then you have to think Bailey and Maurer are gone. Salter’s future seems to be up in the air right now. I don’t see a transfer coming if we have Milton for 3 years. I hope we can get Tayven Jackson.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
The dude has hired 1 successful coach in his life and Frost current has an 11-20 record now that he is at a big boy program. He brought his last coach after he couldn't manage to make a successful hire here....a coach whose record has steadily declined as Frosts players leave. A coach that has recruited a total of 9 4-star recruits and 0 5-star recruits in his lifetime. Winning SEC programs beat that in a season.
So you are blaming Danny White for Nebraska’s failing as a program.... That’s not entirely true about Heupels decline..... he had a slight decline in year 2 due to his star QB getting hurt..... in year 3, covid hit with his two deep Depleted due to players opting out. Hiring coaches is actually a very small part of the AD.... his main job is to change the culture and get buy in from the school, boosters, and fans.... He did a tremendous job and was highly thought of.....what AD would you have rather them have hired?

speaking of food, upcoming trip to louisville any food suggestions are always welcome from this group.
Been a while since I've been there, but it's known as a solid food town. I liked a lot of places when I went a decade ago but have forgotten them all lol

Lol not sure how any coach can maintain 11-0 every season when even Saban can’t have undefeated seasons every year, such a poor argument to make when people talk about Heupel supposed decline
It doesn't matter. He's our coach now. And the doubters will ultimately eat their words.

speaking of food, upcoming trip to louisville any food suggestions are always welcome from this group.

My wife and I like Havana Rumba in Middletown. Cuban food. Plantains, sweet potatoes, and pork. Tasty food and very different from what I’m used to. Not spicy really. Also Jack Fry’s, Jeff Ruby’s Steakhouse, and Proof on Main.

Tiyon Evans was out of a no contact jersey today during open periods. Kenney Solomon was working with the corners after spending most of the spring as a receiver.
-d.ubben

QBs spent their first two periods working on Utah passes with RBs. They also worked on passes out of backfield to backs (check downs). Order: Bailey, Hooker, Maurer. Bailey looked to befaster in pocket with his movements and mechanics. Miles Campbell runs smooth routes and has soft hands. WRs worked on slants from the wide and in slot. They worked on Deep plays with Jalin Hyatt looking faster. LT: Davis, Calbert - OTs working 2-man sled LG: Carvin, Harris C: Mays, Lane RG: Spraggins, Aukporghene RT: Mays, Wright, Griffin-Parker,
-a.price

On the injury from, DL Greg Emerson and Elijah Simmons were both in a boot today. Darel Middleton was not with the team today and he could miss the O&W game. Walker Merrill was out there with the team during warmups, but was sporting a leg brace, not participating. Byron Young went inside after the warmup period, as did LaTrell Bumphus. In a good sign for coaches, Tiyon Evans was out of his no-contact jersey and participating fully with the RB’s. There were a few former VFL’s in attendance today. Carl Pickens, Al Wilson, Terry Fair, Joey Kent were all enjoying practice and each others company.
-t.wallace

We'll start with the good: Running back Tiyon Evans, who's been dealing with an ankle injury since the first couple of practices, was out of the non-contact jersey and thus likely full-go in Thursday's practice. The talented junior college transfer has been participating in position drills during the open parts of practice for the past couple of weeks while working his way back to full strength, but has been in a black jersey. He was in a regular white jersey on Thursday, so the Vols might be able to get a good look at him on Thursday and potentially on Saturday as well. The first group consisted of Tyler Baron, Omari Thomas, Matthew Butler and Ja'Quain Blakely on the defensive line; Solon Page III and Kwauze Garland at linebacker; Alontae Taylor and Warren Burrell at cornerback; Jaylen McCollough and Trevon Flowers at safety; and Theo Jackson at the nickel spot. The quarterback order through drills went Harrison Bailey, Hendon Hooker and Brian Maurer. In terms of accuracy it was Maurer then Hooker then Bailey as the latter two were high on a skinny post.
-p.brown

P. Brown and A. Price talking about quarterbacks:

Maurer-more accurate
Bailey-more comfortable in the pocket
Hooker-..............

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back