Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somebody is full of sh^t. If you bothered to look at his 6-4 record, you would see that he had at least 10 players opt out of the season due to covid concerns and two of those loses were by two or less points. But by all means, spin it anyway you want to.
Wasting your time, my friend. This has been explained infinite, and then explained some more. The dumbsh!ts cannot grasp it...it is too much for them.

As for "you can see a rough first year coming from a mile away" I disagree. I'll gladly bet we win 6+ games, even odds 🙃

I actually think we will find our way to 6 wins; I just think it will just be a rough path, with 5 more likely than 7. I submit 2009, 2010, 2013 and 2018 as my examples. All less than stellar first years with new coaches, thin rosters, and inconsistent QB play. 2009 was the best of those because that team actually had some real talent in some key spots.

I think this team is probably closer to the 2013 team. Some talent in a few spots, but with entire position groups hanging together by a thread.

I will still be watching and cheering them on! Go Vols!

On the podcast he was frustrated with the question why aren’t we seeing more from Bailey? He said who anointed him the savior of UT football? and there are questions about his arm strength and downfield throws which this offense is predicated on.

And Rob Lewis said we don’t have the right QB on the roster yet. Freaking depressing.

Speaking of BBQ, someone posted a couple of weeks ago about getting some good BBQ at a place in Mt. Juliet. I'm there or through there quite often. Does anyone recall the name of the place and, if anyone has tried it, can you give an opinion?
Applebee’s?
88 beat me to it

Reactions: RikidyBones
Speaking of BBQ, someone posted a couple of weeks ago about getting some good BBQ at a place in Mt. Juliet. I'm there or through there quite often. Does anyone recall the name of the place and, if anyone has tried it, can you give an opinion?
Yep, Big Bad Wolf BBQ off I-40. Just had it for first time a couple weeks back and it’s legit.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
My understanding of Bailey in high school was that he had a lot of great players around him that inflated his standing.

Part of his 5 star rating was to generate clicks as a guy who could bring those other players with him. We know that didn’t happen.

Your understanding, as usual, has many flaws. You are catbone level.

His OL was *** up until his SR year. That said, there's no doubt he also had a cheat code in Gilbert. And a couple other P5 skill players.

I do think that's where some of the disconnect comes from comparing his stats to others. Not to marginalize what he's done and he's undoubtedly a big time talent. Buuut he wasn't a top 40 type guy or unanimous 5* like TLaw, Fields, Watson, or Fromm either. And those seem to be the guys some compare him to just based on HS stats.

But I ABSOLUTELY don't get people dogging a kid that just threw 71% for 8.5 YPA, 2.0 TD:INT in a true freshman season with no Spring...and an all-SEC schedule. Goodness...outside of the sacks and fumbles, seems pretty darn strong to me, in fact.
For sure. He’s not bad by any stretch. I think VQ’s opinion of him is slightly skewed because the last staff did not like him at all, especially Chaney.

I don’t know. I think he was misevaluated, but can still be good under the right circumstances. I don’t necessarily think those right circumstances come at Tennessee in Heupel’s system.

For years and years there was a little hole in the wall establishment between Lebanon and MJ called Burr's BBQ ran by a guy named Burr Majors. He had excellent bbq and you always got it piled high from Burr.

Absolutely no way Hooker is the leading passer in total yards based on every report this spring.

I'll go...

Maurer
Small
Velus
Banks
Hasn't Hooker been mentioned as possibly the leader thus far? And he has protected the ball, plus rushing yards included.

Honestly that’s what got me. His employer pushed up the rating which led to the expectations and hype. Then when fans dare to question you get frustrated.

He also said he is a quiet kid who struggles to lead the huddle. That can be taught and improved upon as he matures. The arm strength on the other hand...it is what it is.
Don’t know who the starter will be, hopefully someone runs away with it before the season, however I choose to believe Hype who said something to the effect that the kids follow HB and he is a leader in one of his 1st practice pressers...

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back