Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I was in college, I worked at Best Buy in the car audio department. One day a midget came up behind me said "excuse me". I looked over my shoulder and didn't see anyone so figured I heard it in the earpiece or something. Seconds later an angrier "EXCUSE ME SIR" was shouted and he poked me. I turned around, looked down and jumped cause he startled me. He went straight to the manager. Had to talk to the GM later that day and That was one of the funniest conversations I've ever had with him. Got written up for it. I didn't mean offense by it.. It was a reaction.

He must have been a South Pole elf. Did he have to borrow a reindeer to get there?

TMI

giphy.gif

speaking of food, upcoming trip to louisville any food suggestions are always welcome from this group.

You've gotten some good suggestions. Here are a few more. Try a Hot Brown at the Brown Hotel. The restaurant is J. Graham's. Huge sandwich, very rich-- two people can share. If you like mint juleps, they have those, too, and are pretty generous with the bourbon.

I always try to get an Ollie Burger and spicy fries at Ollie's Trolley. The one in Louisville is the last one left. It's a walk-up and looks just like the one that used to be on The Strip. It's in Old Louisville and only open for lunch.

The Derby Bar at P&TY (Please & Thank You) is Derby Pie in a cup-- fudge brownie, locally roasted coffee and good Kentucky bourbon. I hope they haven't cut back on the bourbon.

If you're going for the Derby, Proof will be packed. It's party central, but if you can get in, go.

Louisvillians hate UK, so they welcome UT fans. The enemy of my enemy is my friend. Wear orange, hate Big Blue and you'll have many new friends.

Right. I'm actually surprised they're still airing reruns of The Office at this point.
Watch 'The Jeffersons" or "All in the Family":oops::eek:

That's the way it should be. People need to get over being called names. We need to go back to kindergarten and learn "Sticks and stones" rhyme

I didn't go to JCM.

I went to Old Hickory Academy (now USJ) until my Sophomore year, and then to Battle Ground Academy. Graduated in '88
I would go back to Jackson to visit family often. And during his time at Central, I would go watch the Cougars. He was one bad dude.

• Al Wilson (LB, Jackson Central-Merry to Tennessee, 1995) – Wilson was a highly sought-after recruit in the early 1990s as everybody in the Southeastern Conference wanted him to play linebacker or running back for them. Then-Tennessee head coach Phillip Fulmer even dropped him off at school one day at JCM. A lot of Vol fans’ were at ease on the day he announced his commitment and put his signature on the paper sending him to Knoxville.
Greer or Plato?

Watch 'The Jeffersons" or "All in the Family":oops::eek:

That's the way it should be. People need to get over being called names. We need to go back to kindergarten and learn "Sticks and stones" rhyme
A comedian I listen too said that they have changed that rhyme to sticks and stones may break your bones but words will really hurt you.

On JJ - if you watched any of his games in HS, which continued at UT, he never tried to avoid contact even as a QB. Most of the time he tried to run over the defenders because he does not possess break away speed, but is very physical. That's where his toughness developed. You saw him try it from the Wildcat at UT and got rung up big time against Mizzou's Bolton IIIRC. He played S in HS when on D. He loved to cover KO's even at UT until they pulled him out to try to preserve his body.

Those of us that saw Carl Pickens play S for some games his senior season know what can happen with a guy like JJ on the back end. Pickens was much more talented than JJ as a receiver - but not as physical. Carl's impact was instantaneous with his first play back there. JJ's impact could have been like that, but we and he will never know. JMO.

It means that one time the orange will score for the orange team and the other time the orange will score for the white team... I think.
That's how I read it too, but it doesn't make any sense.

That would mean there are no teams and the scoring is pointless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back