Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pruitt knows what a good player looks like. Our roster has been solid. Yea we have some weaknesses but were not post Dooley bad.

Yeah I agree, and I know the portal has hurt. But Pruitt’s recruiting MO of swinging for the fences to end up striking out late and settling for guys wayyy down the list has put us in a bit of a bind with the defensive talent as well.

Dooley left Jones a pretty spotty roster. This one is pretty spotty too.

Last edited:
We fired our coach after winning 3 games last season...... that solid program won an amazing 4 regular season games last season.

UK is a solid program. It’s had a 10 win season recently. They should have had a couple of wins against UF. Crap on Stoops all you want but he is a good coach.

Everyone needs to go listen and subscribe to Kyler Kerbyson’s podcast, Bleav in Tennessee Football. It’s pretty good. They went to practice and gave their observations. They are really high on this offense, especially the receivers and running backs.

But, I may be wrong about this defense. I didn’t think we would be good, but they think we’re going to be historically bad. They said even our starting linebackers don’t look like SEC linebackers, that they are too small and not imposing. I thought our starters would be okay, but not according to them. They said this defense is basically depleted of talent except for a few dudes on the DL and guys like Young and Baron.

Historically bad is not something I expected from this defense. But they said Heup isn’t starting at year 0, but at year -10, and that it would take 4 years before we could even begin to judge Heup as a coach.

They’re hoping we’re what Ole Miss was last year, which is something I’ve mentioned before. Score a lot, but give up a lot. I’m fine with that for year 1. But we desperately need to land that Texas LB transfer to help
It will look a whole lot better with a transfer or two. Then French and Willis back in the fold. DL will be good. Not world beaters by any means, but a solid group. DBs may actually surprise some. Again, not world beaters, but serviceable.

Last edited:
It will look a whole lot better with a transfer or two. Then French and Willis back in the fold. DL will be good. Not world beaters by any means, but a solid group. DBs may actually surprise some. Again, not works beaters, but serviceable.
That’s all we can hope for and really all we need against 8 teams on our schedule

I think Beamer’s doing some good things just like Heup is. Both are long term rebuilds.
I’ll just to take your word on Beamer. I haven’t paid attention to USCe since Tennessee beat them last year, or any other year. I’m a wait and see on how long a rebuild it will be for Tennessee.

Anyone saying this is a five year rebuild is crazy. Media just wants to lower expectations of our program. We have to stop doing that. One thing I am confident in, Danny White and Heup want to win now. They don’t want to start winning years from now. I guarantee we see more leave and more transfers in the summer. We will look much different in the fall and that is a good thing.

I’ll just to take your word on Beamer. I haven’t paid attention to USCe since Tennessee beat them last year, or any other year. I’m a wait and see on how long a rebuild it will be for Tennessee.
He’s got a number of former ut guys on his staff. Seems like a good dude.

Our (tn) rebuild will take a very, very long time.

Everyone needs to go listen and subscribe to Kyler Kerbyson’s podcast, Bleav in Tennessee Football. It’s pretty good. They went to practice and gave their observations. They are really high on this offense, especially the receivers and running backs.

But, I may be wrong about this defense. I didn’t think we would be good, but they think we’re going to be historically bad. They said even our starting linebackers don’t look like SEC linebackers, that they are too small and not imposing. I thought our starters would be okay, but not according to them. They said this defense is basically depleted of talent except for a few dudes on the DL and guys like Young and Baron.

Historically bad is not something I expected from this defense. But they said Heup isn’t starting at year 0, but at year -10, and that it would take 4 years before we could even begin to judge Heup as a coach.

They’re hoping we’re what Ole Miss was last year, which is something I’ve mentioned before. Score a lot, but give up a lot. I’m fine with that for year 1. But we desperately need to land that Texas LB transfer to help

I don’t think we are going to be historically bad in defense. I mean are we gonna be bad? Yeah I could clearly see us being near the bottom of the SEC. Simply because we have lost a lot of experience and talent. But historically bad would be worse than Sunseri bad. I honestly don’t think we will be that bad.

I think Heupel will get some defensive guys from the portal to fill some holes. Also, if the players have truly bought into Heupels vision, then that will go a long way to players playing better.

He’s got a number of former ut guys on his staff. Seems like a good dude.

Our (tn) rebuild will take a very, very long time.
It’s not a good dude contest...or we’d beat him there also.

Their’s will take much longer...they’re that much more garbage.

They said even banks and Joseph are too small and not “dudes”. They said our secondary was okay, but not great. Hard to tell. Said Tank got toasted once by Jancek lol

Eh, I guess it’s one thing if a football person says these two aren’t “dudes.” But those two ain’t small.

UK is a solid program. It’s had a 10 win season recently. They should have had a couple of wins against UF. Crap on Stoops all you want but he is a good coach.

Their permanent West game is Mississippi State. They also play UL every year while we’ve played Oregon, OU twice, VTech, and West Virginia in the last 8 years. Not all records are created equal. But they are UK. Good for them...I guess.

I don’t think we are going to be historically bad in defense. I mean are we gonna be bad? Yeah I could clearly see us being near the bottom of the SEC. Simply because we have lost a lot of experience and talent. But historically bad would be worse than Sunseri bad. I honestly don’t think we will be that bad.

I think Heupel will get some defensive guys from the portal to fill some holes. Also, if the players have truly bought into Heupels vision, then that will go a long way to players playing better.
It could easily be worse than that.

I feel he is a solid coach but most of what you mentioned is built off perception.....As bad as Tennessee has been..... we have more overall wins than Kentucky during the same time period..... we are also 6-2 versus stoops..... he had 5 straight seasons where he had 7 or fewer wins..... he has 2 seasons in 8 years over 7 wins..... they never play anyone out of conference that is any good unless Louisville happens to have a good year.....Kentucky’s opponent from the western conference is I think Mississippi state((not exactly Alabama).

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back