Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Pruitt can evaluate and find players. I think he can develop them defensively in his scheme as well under normal circumstances. He had no chance in the pandemic. He was young as a HC as is let alone having no clue how to manage a pandemic in a critical development yr for his team.

Offensively he was a moron apparently meddling too much and didn’t know how to not make his assistants not hate him

He also sucked at keeping his 2nd and 3rd options warm in recruiting. If he missed one number 1 he usually fell to bottom of list since he ignores the others
It's not really the HC job to develop players as much as it is their position coaches and coordinators. One HC can't get that far in the weeds for 40+ players even if he just focuses on one side of the ball. One of the many, many new things a first time HC has to adapt to when his job is suddenly much less about actual football than it used to be as a coordinator.

We need one or two more ready made LBs to build some depth and I think this defense can be serviceable.

Will they be the 85 Bears or the 01 Ravens? Hell no. But can they hold their own in some toss-up games? I believe so.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Banks is right at 6’2 and plays 235-240.... too small for what?

He is literally Roquan Smith with dreads in terms of build.
I was surprised by that. Although VQ said he had lost some weight so maybe he isn’t that big now idk. He may just have an old school outlook on it

If our defense can get a handful of stops per game we should be able to eek out a few wins if our offense is able to do what it is supposed to be able to do. Don't need them to win the games, just keep us in them.

And how did the worst defense ever get eight consecutive three and outs on an offense they think will score points?
Truly don't get how people could be down on the DL. The secondary looks good to me, just thin. We all know the LB situation, but we'll be in Nickel a crazy amount of the time and, if we wanted, we could just jump straight to a base Dime defense. At least 1 NFL team already has. LBs may not be as valuable as they once were with all the nickel and dime. 2-3 decent ones and we'll live.

Kesling had an impossible job in that he followed a legend and there was no way anyone was going to approve. He had a rough start IMO, but I think he has improved a lot. I think Mike Keith would be better, but I don't think Kesling is bad and I think he gets way too much undue criticism. JMO
I don't usually disagree with you, but man, what a horrendous take.

Do you travel much? You should listen to other schools' play by play guys. Even the local FCS schools have better guys just from a technical standpoint. Kesling paints the muddiest pictures, rarely gets the fundamentals right (down and distance between every play, formations before plays, which yard line they're on, etc...), and he's just flat out confusing a lot of the time. "Deep pass complete for a 3 yard gain." Huh?

IMO, he's objectively bad at his job. I usually have no clue what's going on when I'm forced to listen to him. I don't even care about how unexciting he is compared to some of the greats, I just want to know what's happening.

Fort Mill, SC. Kind of comical they don’t offer high speed internet. It’s an establish neighborhood in a booming area.
I moved from Fort Mill 15 years ago and they had high speed internet then. Comporium was (and still is I think) the provider. Maybe it's an old house that needs to have cables run to it from the street? I'd be shocked if any non rural house in that area didn't have HSI.

Truly don't get how people could be down on the DL. The secondary looks good to me, just thin. We all know the LB situation, but we'll be in Nickel a crazy amount of the time and, if we wanted, we could just jump straight to a base Dime defense. At least 1 NFL team already has. LBs may not be as valuable as they once were with all the nickel and dime. 2-3 decent ones and we'll live.

Our safeties were well below SEC average and neither has average S speed. Was hoping TM would take one of the spots but that hasn’t happened this spring.

I’ve been thinking about taking up meditation. I figure it’s better than sitting around doing nothing.

:confused:
Two rednecks sittin around, drinking beer. One says "My instincts tell me it's gonna rain". The other says, "My end stinks, but it don't tell me anything."...........

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back