Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Riddle me this..............Honest question.

I've read several articles about how the offense loves the speed of play. It 'Tires" out the defense and they can't substitute.

Here is what confuses me. Does't the offense get tired as well.?
The main difference is that the offense knows what play is going to be run and the defense doesn't. I believe this is what mentally tires out the defense when the game is played really fast. There must be something to it because Saban doesn't like it :):). He said it leads to too many injuries :):)

The media doesn't give a damn about our program. We've lost 20(?) scholarship players, find me another situation like that without sanctions that wasn't 5-10 year rebuild. It's unprecedented what has and continues to happen with this roster. The sentiment above made sense in 2013 and 2017. I don't know why it's not sticking in y'alls heads but we nuked our program. We didn't merely change directions, we didn't just cut our losses. We blew everything to hell, and now Heupel has to put them back together. And if you actually listen to them talk, they both know it's going to take awhile. Every single one of the teams in this conference is trying to compete, your top 5 programs are well oiled machines, they are recruiting well, the staff continuity is there, the program off the field is elite, and the rosters are deep with talent. The mid pack might give up one thing like recruiting(Miss St, Mizzou), or overall talent(Kentucky, Ole Miss) or they might not have the continuity(Auburn) and those programs all either have the resources or use the ones they have wisely. Then the bottom tier teams (Arkansas, Vandy, SCar) are all missing talent and recruiting and have little coaching continuity but their programs aren't complete dumpster fires. Whereas Tennessee has some talent but no depth, recruiting has taken a nose dive(which isn't Heupel's fault), and no staff continuity thanks to the program being an absolute disaster. And you're trying to tell me Tennessee will compete for championships in year 3? That's not crazy?
Where did I say championships? And I know people who have seen this team and know more than 99% of the media about football. I’m not saying we are going to be winning titles in three years. I’m saying we should be winning 8-9 consistently by year three if Heup is the guy. It’s not like we play anyone substantial other than 3-4 teams. Plus half the battle in football is getting players to believe in themselves/system and play hard. Pruitt sucked at that most of the time.

This recruiting class will basically be a wash. Until the NCAA gets their heads out of their @$$3$ and hands down a reasonable punishment since we cleaned house and effectively did all the leg work for them, and until we actually put a product on the filed worth watching, we aren’t gonna do anything recruiting-wise. This makes the climb much tougher than anything the last 3 coaches faced.
Luckily the NCAA has opened Pandora’s box for us and we will take a lot of transfers. And get good players now that players should be allowed to play immediately. It makes the climb easier.

Where did I say championships? And I know people who have seen this team and know more than 99% of the media about football. I’m not saying we are going to be winning titles in three years. I’m saying we should be winning 8-9 consistently by year three if Heup is the guy. It’s not like we play anyone substantial other than 3-4 teams. Plus half the battle in football is getting players to believe in themselves/system and play hard. Pruitt sucked at that most of the time.
The people you know that have seen them... What do they say are the strengths? Who stands out?

The people you know that have seen them... What do they say are the strengths? Who stands out?
They didn’t say much. And it’s hard to gauge a team watching one practice. That’s why I laugh with information being brought here when most watch ten minutes of practice or have only seen one or two practices total. Every player has good and bad practices so you could watch some on bad days. They said the energy was good and the kids seemed to be enjoying this style of football. And that is half the battle.

They didn’t say much. And it’s hard to gauge a team watching one practice. That’s why I laugh with information being brought here when most watch ten minutes of practice or have only seen one or two practices total. Every player has good and bad practices so you could watch some on bad days. They said the energy was good and the kids seemed to be enjoying this style of football. And that is half the battle.
That's what I want to hear. Think it was Eason I heard the other day compare Pruitt's practices as military drills. You can practice and teach without that extreme. But don't want Butch's backyard playground practice either.

Tennessee winning 8-9 games a year is not a rebuild, it's where the rebuild starts

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back