Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just listening to that tool Mike Farrell on Full Ride talk about Henry T and the future of transfers within the conference. He’s saying that in June or July the SEC will propose that you can allow a player to play immediately if he transfers to another SEC school if the school he transfers to gives up 2 scholarships, otherwise the player sits out a year.
Tennessee Vols: No one knows what's going on with Henry To'o To'o

From this article-- it may be that Henry T is fine with being a VOL but his dad is looking for the highest bidder?

If HT is waiting does that mean it would have an effect on Payton who transferred from Mississippi State?
I was wondering that myself. I can’t imagine Heupel would give up 2 scholarships in order to get a wideout that might not even be the first or second best receiver on the team. We need #’s more than we need a receiver for 1 year.

My opinion is that this problem began a long time ago, when colleges learned they could make big money from athletics. Then broadcast radio and TV networks started making big money too. And advertisers, local business people, large corporations, etc. The whole thing got so big that it distorted the incentives of our tertiary educational system, even extending down to the high school level. That's not the only process distorting our educational system, obviously, but these monetary sums are now huge and tend to work contradictory to the ostensible goals of higher education, IMO.

I don't have answers at this point, but I would not be upset if organized athletics in America were de-emphasized at every level, particularly the "amateur" level to include colleges and universities. I don't think that will happen voluntarily, but it's likely coming for involuntary reasons sooner or later.

Agree. I don’t think the current trajectory is sustainable. There are huge cracks in the foundation as it is.

Getting the cancer carved out of my back today and hoping to see if I can still train back at the gym two hours later 😂. I think it’s going to work out though.

COVID shot number two a couple of hours after that. Prayers and cash appreciated
If course you can workout ....bulgarian split squats should not affect your back.

Reactions: SD189
Close on my new home today. Hell yeah. Fort Mill here we come.

Related: Gonna need those of you with strong backs and pick up trucks to come help me and mine move. Be a buddy....
48648103.jpg

If course you can workout ....bulgarian split squats should not affect your back.
Haha

Did chest since my second COVID dose today will probably kill any shoulder work tomorrow. Was bleeding through my shirt a little, but got that work in!

Sitting in post COVID observation room. Something tells me to run around wildly flashing my wings like a bird screaming something about “Redcoats” but ima let it slide

Agree...but I can see how this can be so easily manipulated by boosters.

If we're honest they are already manipulating the system as is. If anything this may ease some tension for players, I know everyone thinks it'll hurt the smaller schools but it could help them. Go be the starting QB for a UCF and make some money on the side doing appearances in Orlando. Or be buried on the depth chart at Alabama and likely not even be recognized on campus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back