Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to be a mess to execute. Going to have boosters piling in millions to bring kids to campus under the guise of allowing them to make money off their likeness. I'm all for it, but only big schools with big money are going to get good players now.
I’m still confused as to how this will work. Can they sell autographs? Literally, big boosters could just pay big money and say it was for the autograph.

Umm, that’s not the age of an old warhorse.

I turn 59 this year. I am not an old warhorse yet. Maybe when I am 60....naww, 70 is old warhorse age.

I am going to get a season pass for skiing this year. My goal is to get on the slopes 3-4 trips at least.

Who’s with me? Geezers unite! 🤠
Doc, age is just a number. I will be 73 in about 2 weeks and I'm as active now as I've ever been. I play over 200 rounds of golf every year and still play to a single digit handicap. I've never done drugs, never smoked a cigarette and never had a cup of coffee---can't stand the smell of it :):). Life is good :):)

It has some sway. Maybe he knows more. You think VQ reports of their 10 minutes watching routes against air has that much sway?
Ace certainly has coaching connections. Not doubting that at all.

Bailey was running with the 3's in a majority of Spring reps and I believe he was the with the 3rd team offense to start the O&W game.

He had a good showing - we all saw it - but there's a reason why Heupel was so desperate to get Milton in the fold.

If I had to bet today, I'd say Milton will be the starter for Bowling Green. Hooker, Maurer and Bailey in an interchangeable pool behind him that could change by the day.

Reactions: VolByLaw
I’m still confused as to how this will work. Can they sell autographs? Literally, big boosters could just pay big money and say it was for the autograph.
From an article on how it may be handled. First, boosters and their businesses can fully participate in the NiL model.

"To prevent shenanigans, the NCAA would set fair market value for various sponsorship arrangements, and athletes would be required to disclose (to their school) the full extent of their contracts.

(Additional resources for compliance departments will be essential.)"

Tifwiw

No way Bailey starts. The coaches want to ride with their own guy.

It’s going to be Milton.
Disagree. I think Bailey earns it. Milton as back up. But they could certainly change in and out throughout the year if one does not perform well.

Ace certainly has coaching connections. Not doubting that at all.

Bailey was running with the 3's in a majority of Spring reps and I believe he was the with the 3rd team offense to start the O&W game.

He had a good showing - we all saw it - but there's a reason why Heupel was so desperate to get Milton in the fold.

If I had to bet today, I'd say Milton will be the starter for Bowling Green. Hooker, Maurer and Bailey in an interchangeable pool behind him that could change by the day.
Not sure why people keep putting stock in which QB was running 1st, 2nd or 3rd team in the spring.

Seems obvious to me that the coaches told all 3 QBs they would get equal reps and rotate with 1st team through the spring. Then evaluate all 3 after spring. Every practice report had a new QB running with the 1's. The spring game confirmed the rotation.

This is how the new coaching staff should have approached the QB battle. Makes perfect sense to me.

Henry T is getting the worst advice. He should have just come back for one more year and then gone to the NFL. Now he is risking it all to transfer to Universities who are pretty loaded with talent and I doubt he will leave a new school after one year. So he is risking another year that he could get injured or not show out.

Henry T is getting the worst advice. He should have just come back for one more year and then gone to the NFL. Now he is risking it all to transfer to Universities who are pretty loaded with talent and I doubt he will leave a new school after one year. So he is risking another year that he could get injured or not show out.
At a minimum he should’ve just gone through spring here

At a minimum he should’ve just gone through spring here

Why would he not leave after one year at a new school?

At what point does UT tell him to pound sand?
He's gone. What is left for UT to tell him?

UT fired Pruitt after the add/drop date and after all scholarship athletes' tuition was paid for in full.

The fact that it bothers so many of you that Henry finished out his Spring semester as if it was his idea to fire Pruitt so late in the semester is hilarious.

The dirt bag move would have been to get a few free workouts and practices and then enter the portal in May. Oddly enough I think y'all wouldn't be nearly as on his ass if he went that way.

Not sure why people keep putting stock in which QB was running 1st, 2nd or 3rd team in the spring.

Seems obvious to me that the coaches told all 3 QBs they would get equal reps and rotate with 1st team through the spring. Then evaluate all 3 after spring. Every practice report had a new QB running with the 1's. The spring game confirmed the rotation.

This is how the new coaching staff should have approached the QB battle. Makes perfect sense to me.
Yes, and which ones were 1st, 2nd, and 3rd could have simply been by class with older going first the way it used to be done until someone separated themselves.

Henry T is getting the worst advice. He should have just come back for one more year and then gone to the NFL. Now he is risking it all to transfer to Universities who are pretty loaded with talent and I doubt he will leave a new school after one year. So he is risking another year that he could get injured or not show out.[/QUOTE
Triple post 👁👁

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back