Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
That place is close to the top of the bucket list for us...Colonial Williamsburg, Jamestown and Yorktown all right there along with Busch Gardens...it's like history and amusement park nirvana for me..lol. We are going to try and go there for 4-5 days next summer Lord willing.
We did do Busch Gardens one day and Virginia Beach one day. She also drank a lot of alcohol and I was the designated driver so I get points for that.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
It is nearly impossible, especially in universities today, to separate what is true and what is political agenda. There’s a North Korean woman, very famous now.. Yeon-Mi Park.. who defected and went to Columbia University and said “I escaped censorship just to have to learn to censor myself again” of her experience in college. She was told not to read certain authors because they were “colonizers,” and when she rebuked this thought, professors had the audacity to say she was brainwashed by North Korean lines of thinking. I truly detest the path the humanities have gone down, and I don’t think the universities can survive this way much longer. People are starting to view higher education as a waste of time and that’s alarming.
It's not alarming...it is sickening, and one of the biggest reasons I don't trust scientists anymore.

Sorry, they may grow out of it? 😕

tenor.gif

It's not alarming...it is sickening, and one of the biggest reasons I don't trust scientists anymore.

It brought Jordan Peterson to tears to hear what the American, as well as Canadian, universities have turned into.

Personally, I think it will all come to a head eventually. You can’t coddle 18-24 year olds. They won’t make it in the real world, I was lucky enough to want to be challenged and offended rather than giving into what my professors tried to instill in me. But that’s also a problem. My age group will radicalize in one of two directions. Many will listen to academia and become perfect little marxist shills. However, I was fairly apolitical until I experienced the madness. Now I’m a staunch libertarian. And that much of a polarization isn’t good.

So, for a lifelong fan but reformed recruiting connoisseur, could anyone give a brother a general idea of how this staff is doing on the trail so far? Thanks and GBO.

So, for a lifelong fan but reformed recruiting connoisseur, could anyone give a brother a general idea of how this staff is doing on the trail so far? Thanks and GBO.
About as good as could be expected with circumstances. We will know more when they can get face to face with kids and more when sanctions are handed down

It brought Jordan Peterson to tears to hear what the American, as well as Canadian, universities have turned into.

Personally, I think it will all come to a head eventually. You can’t coddle 18-24 year olds. They won’t make it in the real world, I was lucky enough to want to be challenged and offended rather than giving into what my professors tried to instill in me. But that’s also a problem. My age group will radicalize in one of two directions. Many will listen to academia and become perfect little marxist shills. However, I was fairly apolitical until I experienced the madness. Now I’m a staunch libertarian. And that much of a polarization isn’t good.
Watch the “debate” (actually really good conversation) between Peterson and Slavoj Zizek on Marxism. He was criticizing Marx’s call for “Bloody Violent Revolution” and when he said those words there was a small contingent in the crowd that cheered very loudly. He stopped and had this look on his face like “Really”? You could see the disgust in his reaction that all the pampered 1st world kids were reacting they were to things they can not understand.

Nor me, but you occasionally run across one. But I was speaking more toward his child. Children tend to enjoy more interactive places.
Most museums and historical parks and places are amazingly interactive now compared to when I was a kid...it makes me jealous.

They are pretty good now at hiring people that are able to bring history to life, and putting together really cool interactive experiences now.

I remember going to the Capitol building when I was around eight and the guide had the most boring, monotone voice and demeanor, and it was hard for me to pay attention, but when we took the kids up there the guide was vibrant and enthusiastic.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Watch the “debate” (actually really good conversation) between Peterson and Slavoj Zizek on Marxism. He was criticizing Marx’s call for “Bloody Violent Revolution” and when he said those words there was a small contingent in the crowd that cheered very loudly. He stopped and had this look on his face like “Really”? You could see the disgust in his reaction that all the pampered 1st world kids were reacting they were to things they can not understand.
It is sickening

all scientists? From every applicable field of sciences?
Good scientists should seriously be raising hell that their profession has lost so much credibility due to colleagues that are either lazy or ideological and a media that is enabling and promoting their junk works. I’ve heard some, but unfortunately they receive very little coverage or fanfare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back