Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, I agree. My wife substitute teachers at a school where the parents run the show and their little angels would never do anything wrong. The parents would rather their kids like them than be actual parents. My kids are ticked off at me on a regular basis because their butts screw up and get punished. Sorry. Nowhere in my job description as a father does it say I am graded on whether my kids like me or not.
it says later in life, when children are grown, with no boundaries and feel entitled to do whatever they like including drugs. Then cant control their own addictions and destructive behaviours. So...about them boundaries. Kids either gone figure em out or, we gone figure it out for em.

Oh, I agree. My wife substitute teachers at a school where the parents run the show and their little angels would never do anything wrong. The parents would rather their kids like them than be actual parents. My kids are ticked off at me on a regular basis because their butts screw up and get punished. Sorry. Nowhere in my job description as a father does it say I am graded on whether my kids like me or not.
It's not our job to be their friends, but to make sure they are prepared to face the world when they leave the nest. It would be nice if my boys liked me all the time, but someday mommy and daddy won't be there anymore. I want them to be capable of making it on their own.

Expanding the playoffs won't even do anything. It goes deeper than that. Huge changes are needed. Just have to hope viewership drops dramatically so something will be done.
NFL taking 2 and dones might do wonders. Just look at baseball or basketball where the best leave early, evening out the playing field. Simply recruiting the best might take backseat to developing veteran teams, like we see *some* years in college basketball.

it says later in life, when children are grown, with no boundaries and feel entitled to do whatever they like including drugs. Then cant control their own addictions and destructive behaviours. So...about them boundaries. Kids either gone figure em out or, we gone figure it out for em.
main-qimg-e7e936e67a8fa6fb21371c22d9c079c9

NFL taking 2 and dones might do wonders. Just look at baseball or basketball where the best leave early, evening out the playing field. Simply recruiting the best might take backseat to developing veteran teams, like we see *some* years in college basketball.
They’ll never change their current model...works too well.

I don’t hate that. These coaches definitely have these players by the balls. Especially if you’re a Bama backup waiting for your Senior year to show out and get drafted. Head somewhere else and show out and get drafted earlier.

It's not our job to be their friends, but to make sure they are prepared to face the world when they leave the nest. It would be nice if my boys liked me all the time, but someday mommy and daddy won't be there anymore. I want them to be capable of making it on their own.

Yep. My oldest daughter is almost 16 and decided recently that my rules weren't going to apply to her anymore. She has subsequently had to break it off with the boy she was talking to, gone from a smart phone to a flip phone to a no phone, lost all electronics for the past two weeks and only now can watch tv again, and is required to perform extra chores for no additional pay and write one book report per week for the entirety of the summer. I haven't decided if or when she can graduate back to the flip phone. She was pissed off at me for a while. Oh well. You learn to make good choices or there are consequences in life.

Heading to Charleston soon. Any must sees, places to eat, etc...
Oh wait...there is this one bar...2 stories iirc...we went just thinking it was a bar with music...then things got wild and next we knew there was a naked lady dancing with a huge snake around her and flame dancers. It was something else...👀

Reactions: captainfalcon777
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back