Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
We better hope Heup can do what Barnes and Vitello have. We are so far behind

He can and he will. Folks just need to give him a reasonable period of time to do what he needs to do. After that I am sure fans will start complaining when the team doesn't win at least 11 games every year.

He can and he will. Folks just need to give him a reasonable period of time to do what he needs to do. After that I am sure fans will start complaining when the team doesn't win at least 11 games every year.

Agreed here.

I’m still not sure our fanbase has learned the lesson that they just need to relax and be patient.

Super coach and all his recruits just ain’t coming.

The best baseball players can go straight to the pros though. That might be like every 5* going to the pros/minor league rather than loading up to the same college teams. Take away the top-50 type kids and things would even out a good bit.

Good post. Truth. Would love to see it reduce. I think it is naive to think amateurism with CFB anymore. The floodgates are open and players will become more and more migratory and about their perceived value.

A major issue is the NFL is using CFB as their developmental league without having to pay for it or at least subsidize it. MLB will continue the minor leagues for now, but have already reduced the number of affiliates as they are trying to do a similar thing since college baseball development is strongly improving. Will probably always have a couple levels to get them ready and for those who are capable of making the jump out of HS. They don't need rookie, low A, high A, AA, and AAA plus other fringe levels to develop players. Some of that was just to encourage kids in communities all around he country to get involved and grow the sport many decades ago. Now they can just go grab the college players to fill in the A and AA level minors and let them be their developmental orgs.

iu

Jarez Parks is no longer listed on the Alabama roster. I wonder if we pursue, he hasn’t entered his name in the Transfer portal yet.

😥🙏 I hate that they have to go through this..I hate cancer, it has wreaked havoc on our family the last five years.
He was diagnosed about 10 mos ago with liver cancer and he and the family kept it quiet til the very end. Hardly anyone knew he was even sick. His family always sat about two or three rows in front of us at our church and had saw him at service just a month or so ago but hadn't the past couple of weeks. Found out yesterday that he had gone back to the doctor about 3 weeks ago where they did another round of scans, bloodwork, etc and results were worse. He asked the doc what were the next step and what could be done and doc said nothing could at that point. Family called Hospice in Sunday and he passed Monday. His wife and daughters are taking it very hard. He was a model husband and father. Thanks to all of you for thoughts and prayers for the family.

Yep. My oldest daughter is almost 16 and decided recently that my rules weren't going to apply to her anymore. She has subsequently had to break it off with the boy she was talking to, gone from a smart phone to a flip phone to a no phone, lost all electronics for the past two weeks and only now can watch tv again, and is required to perform extra chores for no additional pay and write one book report per week for the entirety of the summer. I haven't decided if or when she can graduate back to the flip phone. She was pissed off at me for a while. Oh well. You learn to make good choices or there are consequences in life.

I went through that phase earlier. Around 12 or 13. I was so stubborn that I got everything taken away from me. I couldn't do anything recreational besides play for my baseball team, and that was only because I was already signed up and he wasn't going to give me the idea that quitting is okay. I pretended I didn't give a damn that all I could do was shag ground balls and stare at the paint drying in my bedroom for 3 months, but I eventually gave in. Was a brutally long summer lol

He was diagnosed about 10 mos ago with liver cancer and he and the family kept it quiet til the very end. Hardly anyone knew he was even sick. His family always sat about two or three rows in front of us at our church and had saw him at service just a month or so ago but hadn't the past couple of weeks. Found out yesterday that he had gone back to the doctor about 3 weeks ago where they did another round of scans, bloodwork, etc and results were worse. He asked the doc what were the next step and what could be done and doc said nothing could at that point. Family called Hospice in Sunday and he passed Monday. His wife and daughters are taking it very hard. He was a model husband and father. Thanks to all of you for thoughts and prayers for the family.

Glad they have a church family. They will need that to get through this. It is so hard to understand why God's plans work out the way they do sometimes but they do. I will continue to pray for them to find comfort in the midst of such grief. I cannot imagine. Please let them know that there are all kinds of people that don't even know them that are praying for them.

That really sucks, but at least it didn't drag out forever. I don't mean that in a callous way, my Stepdads progression went really quickly like your friends..he was still preaching three weeks before he died, but my mothers drug out for four months slowly..it was rough.

I went through that phase earlier. Around 12 or 13. I was so stubborn that I got everything taken away from me. I couldn't do anything recreational besides play for my baseball team, and that was only because I was already signed up and he wasn't going to give me the idea that quitting is okay. I pretended I didn't give a damn that all I could do was shag ground balls and stare at the paint drying in my bedroom for 3 months, but I eventually gave in. Was a brutally long summer lol

Yeah. It is for the best. I am glad that you have a father that cares about you enough to discipline you. Trying my best to be that kind of dad.

I went through that period as well. I was a SO in high school. I failed a class and was about to again, also had the worst attitude. Once my parents found out I was failing a second time I was basically on lockdown. It took me 2 months to cave and it was because they weren't going to let me play on my summer team if I failed again and I wasn't going to be allowed to play for for school either. That was a rough little time period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back