Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the ump had rabbit ears. Even started following Evan Russell.

I don’t watch MLB that much, but why are balls and strikes off limits? It’s a huge part of the game, and the college umps are inconsistent.

Here's a little rules primer I like to send on the rules without having to go the rulebook itself.

Baseball Ejection Rules

The coaches boxes are considered the same as the dugout. MLB and nearly all organized baseball went to the rule years ago because of time constraints and non-stop arguments with players and coaches. Eventually electronic calls will be made, they have been using it in select minor leagues for a couple of years to get it ready for MLB once the players union approves. It will probably be longer getting it into the college game.

Don't know on Russell unless he said something under his breath or there was some kind of talking going on with the catcher. This crew was sending a message and Liberty coaches didn't listen. They deserved to be tossed. Anderson was furious against the home plate ump in the WSU game and did his yapping in the dugout. Had the Liberty coaches stayed there and not made a scene they would have probably been OK. It's when you go onto the field to confront is when it is an automatic ejection. If a coach wants to get ejected to fire up his team, he will do it. Have seen it many times.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
What a garbage fanbase.
They're such front-runners. They have no heart at all. They crumple at the first sign of adversity. They just usually don't face much. I remember being at that game in 2015 when they ripped our hearts out again, how many of them started leaving when it was 27-14.

I'm not sure what happened on the second ejection, but on the first one, the ump tried to warn the Liberty coach, you could see him motioning to go back, but the coach ignored him so he got tossed.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Here's a little rules primer I like to send on the rules without having to go the rulebook itself.

Baseball Ejection Rules

The coaches boxes are considered the same as the dugout. MLB and nearly all organized baseball went to the rule years ago because of time constraints and non-stop arguments with players and coaches. Eventually electronic calls will be made, they have been using it in select minor leagues for a couple of years to get it ready for MLB once the players union approves. It will probably be longer getting it into the college game.

Don't know on Russell unless he said something under his breath or there was some kind of talking going on with the catcher. This crew was sending a message and Liberty coaches didn't listen. They deserved to be tossed. Anderson was furious against the home plate ump in the WSU game and did his yapping in the dugout. Had the Liberty coaches stayed there and not made a scene they would have probably been OK. It's when you go onto the field to confront is when it is an automatic ejection. If a coach wants to get ejected to fire up his team, he will do it. Have seen it many times.

Yea, I get that the Liberty coach was also coaching third base. But a head coach has and should be able to argue balls and strikes from the dugout, and if the head coach is at 3rd, I just believe you give him a little leeway.

Balls and strikes just shouldn’t be totally off limits. I didn’t get to high school level but pitched for years growing up. Disagreements are going to happen. I also umped little league games, and letting the coach vent is ok. They just shouldn’t show you up. Sometimes, you just have to walk away, but this ump, as the analyst even recognized, made a concerted effort to intentionally be involved and follow the player or coach.

Reactions: jave36
Yea, I get that the Liberty coach was also coaching third base. But a head coach has and should be able to argue balls and strikes from the dugout, and if the head coach is at 3rd, I just believe you give him a little leeway.

Balls and strikes just shouldn’t be totally off limits. I didn’t get to high school level but pitched for years growing up. Disagreements are going to happen. I also umped little league games, and letting the coach vent is ok. They just shouldn’t show you up. Sometimes, you just have to walk away, but this ump, as the analyst even recognized, made a concerted effort to intentionally be involved and follow the player or coach.
Most umps let you get away with a little chirping, at least at first. But they're not going to let you show them up.

I was going off the assumption that the umpire made the determination that a pitcher intentionally threw at a batter that it would be an automatic month suspension subject to appeal of course.....
If not the umpires then do you trust the league office to make that call?
As much as anyone else. Intentionally throwing at a person's head happens all the time and it should happen never. The league office in many sports already hand out suspensions and fines, I'm just saying up the penalty for this particular infraction to a month's suspension without pay.

Reactions: OrangenSC

Yep, umps are never held accountable, officials in any sport are never held accountable.

Most umps let you get away with a little chirping, at least at first. But they're not going to let you show them up.

That’s what I said. But this ump wanted to be involved.

I didn’t see the first ejection. But my point was that arguing balls and strikes shouldn’t be off limits. The college umps are very inconsistent with them.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
I'm not sure what happened on the second ejection, but on the first one, the ump tried to warn the Liberty coach, you could see him motioning to go back, but the coach ignored him so he got tossed.

The Coach was asking him for clarification on if it was a called strike or check swing called strike. That Ump was way to touchy about everything even following a UT player to the dugout. Even the announcers we saying he was making the game about him. If it was UT on the other side of it I think we would have been ticked also. jmo

That’s what I said. But this ump wanted to be involved.

I didn’t see the first ejection. But my point was that arguing balls and strikes shouldn’t be off limits. The college umps are very inconsistent with them.
And they'll let you chirp a little about it. But the Liberty coach made a point of walking toward the home plate ump, ignoring that the ump was motioning him to go back. After that, it wasn't going to take a whole lot to get ejected. Once the first person gets run, it's about keeping control of the game.

Reactions: Kristy* and UTJoe
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back