Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
At your age you need to be careful.
I can still throw ONE good breaking ball every time we get in the yard and can throw a pretty good fast ball, at best I'm a four pitch reliever then it's the showers.......He's done coach take him out !!!! Remember what I call a fastball these days is basically a weak change-up.

Last edited:
I can still throw ONE good breaking ball every time we get in the yard and can throw a pretty good fast ball, at best I'm and a four pitch reliever then it's the showers.......He's done coach take him out !!!!
That's great that your imagination is still so vivid. At least I hope it's imagination and not dementia. Can never be certain with old people.

That's great that your imagination is still so vivid. At least I hope it's imagination and not dementia. Can never be certain with old people.
I read somewhere years ago that most kids that grew up back in the day when I was young knew the smell of two things.....fresh cut grass and a baseball glove. I'm afraid so many kids now just can't appreciate those simple little pleasure.

I read somewhere years ago that most kids that grew up back in the day when I was young knew the smell of two things.....fresh cut grass and a baseball glove. I'm afraid so many kids now just can't appreciate those simple little pleasure.
Must have been something to see Babe Ruth play live.

It’s now D-Day anniversary for those on EST.

I got to visit Normandy back in 1996, specifically Utah and Omaha beaches. Walking through the bombed out bunkers, seeing the wide open sands where thousands died, and something as simple as touching old barbed wire that still remained almost put me there.

None of it held a candle to seeing the American cemetery there and the countless rows of grave markers. That was one of the most sobering experiences of my life. 9,386 graves and another 1,557 names marked as missing, just in that one battle.

Because of witnessing the beaches and the graves first hand, this date will always be ingrained in my mind. It’s a great reminder to be forever thankful for those who serve or have served in our military, and especially for those who sacrificed it all. They were willing to lay down their lives in order to save others. That’s what this country is all about. I hope we never completely forget it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back