Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Baseball is crazy expensive as well. Travel ball teams and hotels every weekend. It adds up. I feel like football is one of the few sports kids can still play in high school without their parents having put them in travel teams and camps and what not as little kids. Heck even cheerleading anymore requires tumbling skills acquired from gymnastics classes.
I know..... my son plays travel baseball..... not on an elite level yet though

Reactions: scienceteaching_vol
Baseball is crazy expensive as well. Travel ball teams and hotels every weekend. It adds up. I feel like football is one of the few sports kids can still play in high school without their parents having put them in travel teams and camps and what not as little kids. Heck even cheerleading anymore requires tumbling skills acquired from gymnastics classes.

Yeah, and on top of the cost kids sports require specialization way too young. Does your 10 year old want to play baseball, basketball, and soccer this year? Then he'll fall behind at all 3. Let's hope he really likes whichever one he picks.

Yeah, and on top of the cost kids sports require specialization way too young. Does your 10 year old want to play baseball, basketball, and soccer this year? Then he'll fall behind at all 3. Let's hope he really likes whichever one he picks.
You don’t fall behind at that age.... my son plays baseball, basketball, and football...... he only travels with baseball...... if you practice at home then the kid will be fine..... it’s my opinion that being a multi-sport athlete makes a better athlete.

Ok matlock🤣🤣 lets all act like we’ve not received McDonald’s on someone else’s dime in the AM drive thru when the person in front of you paid but yea...hate crime.softie🧻

I haven't been in a McDonald's drive thru in years because I am not cavalier with my life or the lives of my family.

giphy.gif

Gotta say, Smokey Gray's are one of the best things to come out of, really only thing to come out of Butch era WAF.

Never understood vitriol. Beside, the uni's are like #black cleats, we get an automatic speed boost to level 8. Add in a four or five star and you get Bama esque players, simply off a uniform color.

4D6D8E43-CEC6-469E-8848-7DFD3921E69B.jpeg

Which one? And ftr, I'll let everyone know if you refuse to eat bacon. That's all the proof I need.

We cook an entire pound of bacon at a time and keep in the fridge to snack on periodically throughout the day. Don't you dare imply I don't eat bacon. I was only gonna cut you a little. Now I am really mad.

Its challenging to find out your kids niche when things are pricey. I've always said the trick is to find activities and sports that maximize your kids potential but also dissects their maximum interest.

I think a lot of potential is squandered because parents push kids into things they aren't suited for or they just don't have access to the activity their kid would excellent at.

Imagine if Tiger Woods dad would have pushed him into basketball or if Tiger hadn't had the environment that exposed him to golf. Could he still have been a great athlete in a different sport? Sure. World Class sponsored millionaire? Doubt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back