Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. Luke McCaffery transferring from Louisville already lol. I wonder how many of these kids that go to a school and transfer within 6 months just take booster money and leave. What can they do? Anything they say will out them for cheating.
His family is pretty set financially. This is most likely football related.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
WHY ARE WE YELLING?!?

iu

The issue with scalpers is they create an artificial market. They use bots to buy up tons of tickets to huge events...create false scarcity, then can get much more than normal. While it is still a market (the prices will be what the market will bear), it's not a free market. A strong free market needs some transparency, not manipulation.

They are gambling on the fact that there will be enough demand to drive the prices. And with the limited number of tickets available to this event in the first place there was already a scarcity. Only like 4k tickets to each game to start with?

You see an arrest for murder. Others see an open roster spot and opportunity for playing time. Your getting to be as bad as @Catbone .

Lord, I apologize for that right there.
You should. That only works if I’m disparaging UT in the process.

You should. That only works if I’m disparaging UT in the process.

True. Standard procedure would have been to explain away the murder charge as an anomaly that would be dismissed when they found evidence that he had been framed.

Did you quote the wrong person or something? Your reply makes no sense

Yeah, I guess ignore the first part. I don't think about scalpers daily. Just when me or my fellow Vols/sports fans have to pay more for tickets that were given away a month ago. The other 3 criminals you listed deserve to go under the jail. Scalpers maybe just a sturdy rod to the shin.

They are gambling on the fact that there will be enough demand to drive the prices. And with the limited number of tickets available to this event in the first place there was already a scarcity. Only like 4k tickets to each game to start with?

I'm a small businessman. Have been for almost 30 years. I dig capitalism bigly. That's really not what scalper are. They are bullies forcing their way to the front of the line, pushing people out of the way to buy up things they don't want, so they can extort money from those who do. They add no value. They don't leave the world better for having been in it. They are parasites. That is exactly the aspect of capitalism that gives it a bad name.

Middle men are fine as long as they add some form of value. If they don't, they are simply margin sucking weasels.

I'm a small businessman. Have been for almost 30 years. I dig capitalism bigly. That's really not what scalper are. They are bullies forcing their way to the front of the line, pushing people out of the way to buy up things they don't want, so they can extort money from those who do. They add no value. They don't leave the world better for having been in it. They are parasites. That is exactly the aspect of capitalism that gives it a bad name.

Middle men are fine as long as they add some form of value. If they don't, they are simply margin sucking weasels.

Thank you. Someone gets it. I don't know how people would ever defend these people, they are scum and it's literally nowhere close to enough $ to justify.

Does stealing money make you a POS?

Because making money without providing a good/service/value is stealing. And scalping tickets at a mark up doesn't meet any of those criteria.

Taking advantage of the scarcity of someone else's product just to make money is about as morally corrupt as you can get.
For a luxury item though? I’m not sure I’m onboard with you on a game ticket. Pharmaceutical drugs is a different deal to me

yep. i'm crazy enough to buy it, and so are other people apparently. i even think price gouging laws are idiotic. water being $15 a bottle after a hurricane isn't evil, it incentivizes people to buy up water and go down to disaster areas to make a buck, which by default helps those without access to water. Just because a profit is involved doesn't mean it's not helping people.
Price gouging is evil

Go see a scalper right before or right after the game starts. You will get a better price or at least negotiate some. If they are out of tickets then you weren't motivated to see the game as much as others that were willing to pay more.
Or maybe you just weren't rich enough

In announcing its "My All" Campaign on Wednesday, Tennessee noted that $200 million of the $500 million fundraising goal for the campaign has already been committed with roughly $70 million earmarked for enhancements to Neyland Stadium and the Anderson Training Center, Tennessee's football complex.

For a luxury item though? I’m not sure I’m onboard with you on a game ticket. Pharmaceutical drugs is a different deal to me

I guess that depends on how you define luxury items. Ridiculously overpriced collector shoes, maybe.

Regardless, doing the electronic equivalent of pushing people down and taking their stuff is a low form of commerce. You would never tolerate that behavior in person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back