Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why not complain about it?

Does complaining on a message board fix it? If you don't like it and it is a awful and pervasive as you claim, lobby your elected officials to investigate it and propose a solution to... actually fix it in real life.

Thank you. Someone gets it. I don't know how people would ever defend these people, they are scum and it's literally nowhere close to enough $ to justify.

I don't buy tickets from scalpers and I don't sell tickets to scalpers. If I go on an ticket resale site and the number next to the dollar sign doesn't line up with my budget to spend on a sporting event then I just don't go. If people stop buy over priced tickets from scalpers or resale sights then the price will come down. As long as people are willing to dip into their kids orthodontist fund to attend a playoff game then nothing is going to change. Watch the game on tv and let others spend their hard earned money to go to the game if they want to.

There are a finite number of tickets. This isn't Neyland we are trying to fill. This is LNS with extra leased bleachers for the CWS regional/super regional. There are only about 4k per game no matter how many people want them. Then you take away the seats they reserve for students and there just aren't a lot of tickets to go around.

Now, let's talk about supply and demand. There is an inverse relationship between the supply of a good/service and the demand for that good/service. If there is a large supply of a product but nobody wants it, the price will decrease to a point that people are willing to buy it. Inversely, when there is a limited amount of a product (e.g. Super Regional tickets for the UT vs LSU series) and everybody wants it, that product becomes worth more and the price will go up to account for that intrinsic value.

Here's a picture in case the words is too hard...

iu
I thought you were trying to start a game of Tic Tac Toe and lost your train of thought :):):)

Reactions: Glitch
So I was thinking about how to fix seating. Tennessee could easily take the Oregon approach on seating.

They could essentially re-build the seating, and add the stack method to it where as you go up your seats are more forward, which actually puts the crowd closer to the action while increasing seating capacity…. (With actual nice seats with coasters etc.)

Imagine a Neyland crowd of over 100,000 that is literally stack right on top of the field…..

Whew….

I like the new upgrades to Neyland! That north end zone "club" level will be amazing and, I think, the first of its kind in the SEC. And thank GOD there will finally be a video board in that north end zone!!

I could take or leave the field level suites, but that's more because I like to actually see the game and you can't see the game from behind the players.

All in all, I think ADDW is taking a great first step, but agree with others that say we need a new coat of paint on some stuff :).
We won't have 102,455 seats anymore probably only around 90k.

We usually agree, not here I guess. Market dictates everything, and corrects itself accordingly. When you try to mess with it, you do more harm than good.

Expecting basic decency from people rarely causes more harm than good. I'm selling my extra tickets to friends at face value. Yes, they would pay more. No, it isn't worth the money to me to be an a$$.

So.... How is everyone feeling about Heupel?

I'm not super excited but we need to let him do his thing. Give him a couple of years to install his players and hopefully change the culture for the better.

I'll wait and see but I'll admit apathy has set in, they have to earn the trust of this fanbase again.
I was impressed that our kids seemed to actually know where to line up…. Already doing better than the previous staff….

What makes me mad about the season ticket holders selling their tickets for $300 plus, is that LSU fans can buy those tickets.
Never let the enemy infiltrate our home.
I’m fine with it. More people to of wasted their money to see us destroy them on the baseball diamond. Lots of sad faces to get to watch.

Reactions: franklinpence
Either way the optics of holding over 100k are better than 90k.
Agree but, with all that standing room I bet you can get more than 102,000 in there. I mean heck we’ve had reported numbers over 102,000 haven’t we back when we were winning because of all the people they started letting in for standing room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back