Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look, people are locked into their narratives and I'm not invested in changing anybody's opinions. Everybody's entitled.

But I'll say this: firing with cause is very difficult and generally neither prudent nor financially advantageous. Fired coaches hire counsel and threaten to sue if terms aren't met. And every major program has things it doesn't want coming out in discovery. Because a fired coach will hold nothing back and may add a few embellishments, after leaking juicy tidbits to the media. And the reality is, when coaches color outside the lines, someone other than the coach knows about it, so you have problems up the chain.

See: Butch Jones.

Programs pay out contracts and have confidentiality agreements, because in a litigious society, it's the practical solution.

So people need to take Don Henley's (Eagles; Hell Freezes Over; Get Over It) advice with regard to lawyers if we want to be able to fire all these clowns for cause?

I am no prophet. And I certainly am just like the rest of you...I care about all things TN. I’m here to give you hope that there are some folks who are fed up with this administration and staff and that same group is working on trying to put together something where the juice will be worth the squeeze. Very influential folks are involved in this process..you can choose to believe or you can choose not to...that’s up to you.
Will you tell us which coaches would be great hires and which ones YOU would go after? I'm very curious about your opinion on this.

Reactions: Grey_pilgrim
I assume that was sarcastic considering the guy isn't even rated.
Dude's not rated on 24/7... is he going to be done in 3 months cause he quit once camp starts...I'm confused?
Read his posted note. He says for the next 3 or 4 years. lol its like he knows he is going to make it

At what point do we stop being a blue blood in football? Over a generation removed from success? I’d say We gettin pretty dang close
IMO, it's when people stop asking "When is Tennessee going to be good again?" Both fans and people outside the program.

We aren't there yet, but are heading in that direction.

I am no prophet. And I certainly am just like the rest of you...I care about all things TN. I’m here to give you hope that there are some folks who are fed up with this administration and staff and that same group is working on trying to put together something where the juice will be worth the squeeze. Very influential folks are involved in this process..you can choose to believe or you can choose not to...that’s up to you.

YES!

The rock painters are missing the mark imo.

HIRE FREEZE! Should be the next message.
It appears someone does have more paint than the rock painters. Every time they paint Fire Pruitt, it gets painted over :):). It's kinda funny. I have the live stream of the rock saved on my computer and I watch it all the time now :):). Right now it looks like a first grade student painted it--front and back

Last edited:
Reactions: VOLSONLY
I agree, but Freeze would be easy to get if they wanted to go in that direction.

He's not someone you work for like they seem to be hinting is happening.
All that talk is just talk. We all know none of those bigtime pipe dream coaches are coming to UT. Urban, Stoops, etc. Every fanbase thinks they’ll get those guys and they hire guys like Beamer, Napier, Chadwell, or fired retreads. Maybe it’ll happen this time but I’m not buying it. We’ll be lucky just to have Pruitt fired and a guy like Napier when this is all said and done.

Of course we could have Freeze but apparently they won’t hire him.

Urban will never come back to the SEC. Too challenging and he doesn't need it. I don't think he coaches again, but if he did it would be USC or TX type program. Maybe Notre Dame because it's supposedly his dream job, but I just don't see him on the sidelines again.

I agree, but Freeze would be easy to get if they wanted to go in that direction.

He's not someone you work for like they seem to be hinting is happening.
They are too good to hire freeze. He will end up in the SEC and dominate us. And I would bet money he never gets in trouble again. We will continue to suck.

But the work may not be with Freeze. It may be with Sankey.
Any coach is going to have to be worked on even if they really want a job. There’s so much more that goes into it. You have to do so much legal digging into the head coach and anyone he even hints at bringing with him, then you have to talk numbers and salary pool, when will they start, NCAA compliance stuff. It’s a process that’s for sure.

Reactions: revjayp
All that talk is just talk. We all know none of those bigtime pipe dream coaches are coming to UT. Urban, Stoops, etc. Every fanbase thinks they’ll get those guys and they hire guys like Beamer, Napier, Chadwell, or fired retreads. Maybe it’ll happen this time but I’m not buying it. We’ll be lucky just to have Pruitt fired and a guy like Napier when this is all said and done.

Of course we could have Freeze but apparently they won’t hire him.
You know I agree with you on this.

I think it goes something like this:
Call Campbell and Fickell, get turned down.

Call Gus, we are a logical fit. If the money is right, we have a deal, in my opinion.

If he wants to take a year off, we drop down to Napier and Chadwell. I would take either of those guys over Pruitt, but I'm not sure the administration would feel the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back