Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am no prophet. And I certainly am just like the rest of you...I care about all things TN. I’m here to give you hope that there are some Folks who are fed up with this administRation and staff and that same group is working on trying to put together something where the juice will be worth the squEEZE. Very influential folks are involved in this process..you can choose to believe or you can choose not to...that’s up to you.

You know I agree with you on this.

I think it goes something like this:
Call Campbell and Fickell, get turned down.

Call Gus, we are a logical fit. If the money is right, we have a deal, in my opinion.

If he wants to take a year off, we drop down to Napier and Chadwell. I would take either of those guys over Pruitt, but I'm not sure the administration would feel the same.
Agree.

It wouldn't really though. His names carries a lot of weight. Win 8 year 1 and he's recruiting top 5 easy. He's in Atlanta no later than year 3

It's tougher sledding than OSU or UF, though. He would lock up in-state talent no doubt, but he would still have to battle for GA and FL kids. At UF he could just load up on kids within a 100-mile radius of campus, and at OSU he owned the Midwest.

Reactions: mr.checkerboards
Some Kentucky fan is on The Drive saying Jimmy Calloway is looking around and Kentucky is a possible landing spot according to the Kentucky boards.

I really don't understand the hesitancy to take a risk on Freeze. If he fails, so what? Chances are literally every other realistic candidate is gonna fail, too. The SEC is a churn and burn league. We are just unlucky in that we are churning and burning total bums instead of guys who bring some good wins before ultimately flaming out like Malzahn.

Freeze should be the floor here. And that’s a pretty high floor. It’s that simple and a pretty great position to be in, but we all know we will make this hard and flub it up.
Pruitt won't be fired this year and won't resign. So yeah I agree with you. Next year when he is fired, all these names mentioned will be completely different except Kiffin and the normal pipe dreams. It is fun and I have found myself lurking more but more of hopes of someone saying Pruitt will be fired.

Pruitt won't be fired this year and won't resign. So yeah I agree with you. Next year when he is fired, all these names mentioned will be completely different except Kiffin and the normal pipe dreams. It is fun and I have found myself lurking more but more of hopes of someone saying Pruitt will be fired.
He’s done.

I really don't understand the hesitancy to take a risk on Freeze. If he fails, so what? Chances are literally every other realistic candidate is gonna fail, too. The SEC is a churn and burn league. We are just unlucky in that we are churning and burning total bums instead of guys who bring some good wins before ultimately flaming out like Malzahn.

Exactly

Because the administration and power players have been trying to reinvent the wheel for over 10 years now.

Reactions: mr.checkerboards
The hesitancy isn't that he'll fail, it's that he'll burn the place down on the way out.

All that talk is just talk. We all know none of those bigtime pipe dream coaches are coming to UT. Urban, Stoops, etc. Every fanbase thinks they’ll get those guys and they hire guys like Beamer, Napier, Chadwell, or fired retreads. Maybe it’ll happen this time but I’m not buying it. We’ll be lucky just to have Pruitt fired and a guy like Napier when this is all said and done.

Of course we could have Freeze but apparently they won’t hire him.
That's UT way these days. I don't care who the coach is anymore because it's just not a fun product to watch. Giving Pruitt another year, with staff changes, is just like pissing in the wind. It's not a good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back