Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been a rough day. Today would have been my parents' 53rd wedding anniversary, but we lost my dad 4 years ago. So how did I spend my day? Taking my mom to get an MRI to determine if she has breast cancer. We were supposed to get a call with the results this afternoon, but of course, no call. So I'm freaking out already. This hasn't helped. I mean, recruiting and football are nothing when compared to my mom, but at least those I can vent about. Just hoping they call tomorrow with good news.

So what are we gonna do about football and recruiting? We lose this class, and even if Pruitt does get canned, whoever comes in is facing an uphill battle to win. How many more years behind will we be?
🙏

If I was going to put money on it... If we do fire Pruitt I think we hire Malzahn.

I could see them hoping to capitalize on Auburns unrealistic expectations just like they did with Texas and it got them Rick Barnes.

A proven coach who reached the top once but couldn't recreate it. Fans got impatient. Could find new life here.

I would prefer Freeze but I would be happy with Gus. It might be a gift.

Reactions: MoCo_Vol
Attorney huh ? Got any extra to throw in the pot to help buy this Gump out ?

I’m not convinced the next person will perform any better than JP, given our inability to give time to a coach before jumping on the firing bandwagon. We’re currently replacing a coach an average of every 3.25 years. That means every 3ish years we “start over” again and expect the next guy to wow us once he has his players in (but then we don’t actually give them a chance to get those players in and develop them... especially in a year where we get 60% or so of the normal fall camp). Starting JG all year was a mistake, but you can’t blame a coach for sticking with a 5th year senior for least the first 4 games of the year when the other guys were unable to get sufficient reps in due to limited practice time early on. After that, I get the frustration...but that 5th year QB had played quite well for 2.5-3 of those first 4.

I’m not convinced the next person will perform any better than JP, given our inability to give time to a coach before jumping on the firing bandwagon. We’re currently replacing a coach an average of every 3.25 years. That means every 3ish years we “start over” again and expect the next guy to wow us once he has his players in (but then we don’t actually give them a chance to get those players in and develop them... especially in a year where we get 60% or so of the normal fall camp). Starting JG all year was a mistake, but you can’t blame a coach for sticking with a 5th year senior for least the first 4 games of the year when the other guys were unable to get sufficient reps in due to limited practice time early on. After that, I get the frustration...but that 5th year QB had played quite well for 2.5-3 of those first 4.
More excuses lol it never ends

Reactions: Smyrna ATL Vol
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back