Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been a rough day. Today would have been my parents' 53rd wedding anniversary, but we lost my dad 4 years ago. So how did I spend my day? Taking my mom to get an MRI to determine if she has breast cancer. We were supposed to get a call with the results this afternoon, but of course, no call. So I'm freaking out already. This hasn't helped. I mean, recruiting and football are nothing when compared to my mom, but at least those I can vent about. Just hoping they call tomorrow with good news.

So what are we gonna do about football and recruiting? We lose this class, and even if Pruitt does get canned, whoever comes in is facing an uphill battle to win. How many more years behind will we be?
The right guy or guys can do it quickly. Especially with a few skilled guys at the right positions.

A classic! Allow me to bring another one back!

tenor.gif

@BruinVol, you warming up to Anosiki?

Sorry just watched second half on DVr

Unfortunately I haven’t.
I think any length at all is going to eat his lunch against ncaa tourney caliber teams. Obviously we are freaking loaded with guards and I am ready to see JJJ play some 4 and take minutes from Olivier and EA

Here come the gifs. This thread is 1 hour from being completely off the rails.

AV makes one more vague post around 8pm tomorrow and the whole fan base is going to go crazy

Reactions: Smokeytom
He lost at least two games to very mediocre teams and finished 7-6. That big class he brought in never amounted to that much.

Kiffin had NFL players all over the field that year. While people discuss overachieving with the Sullens twins, he also had Chris Scott and seniors in McClendon and Richard on the OL with a young Douglas.

Dan Williams, Berry, Bryce Brown, Hardesty, Denarius Moore, Luke Stocker, and Austin Johnson were either drafted or several had good careers in the NFL. Not a deep team but had talent.

Been a rough day. Today would have been my parents' 53rd wedding anniversary, but we lost my dad 4 years ago. So how did I spend my day? Taking my mom to get an MRI to determine if she has breast cancer. We were supposed to get a call with the results this afternoon, but of course, no call. So I'm freaking out already. This hasn't helped. I mean, recruiting and football are nothing when compared to my mom, but at least those I can vent about. Just hoping they call tomorrow with good news.

So what are we gonna do about football and recruiting? We lose this class, and even if Pruitt does get canned, whoever comes in is facing an uphill battle to win. How many more years behind will we be?
Praying hoping for the best man

sorry to hear. praying.

Reactions: VOLSONLY and Weezer
Ok. Go ahead and hire someone else, pay a buyout for 4 years and then I’ll see you back here once JP’s buyout is satisfied so that we can do this coaching search thing again after the new guy inevitably fails to meet fans’ expectations.
Good at least it shows the university cares about winning

I wonder if auburn’s turmoil made some last minute recruits available causing us to make last minute room.

At this point, we don’t have the monetary advantages we had in the 90s/early 2000s before tv money evened the playing field with the lower tier schools in the conference. Similarly, we don’t have the advantage of powerhouse in state recruiting options. Realistically, if we can get to a bowl game 3 out 4 years and show life as a competitor in the east about 2 out of 4 (possibly winning it once) that coach is probably a long haul candidate. I also think you can’t really count this year as a normal one for UT given the weird contact tracing our school had to endure that others didn’t. If this were a normal year, I think we definitely hit the bowl game mark and have a shot at the second one with Bailey and Shrout getting an actual full camp to compete.
Ok, we haven’t found a coach that has done that yet. What has Pruitt showed you that makes you think he can be that coach?

At this point, we don’t have the monetary advantages we had in the 90s/early 2000s before tv money evened the playing field with the lower tier schools in the conference. Similarly, we don’t have the advantage of powerhouse in state recruiting options. Realistically, if we can get to a bowl game 3 out 4 years and show life as a competitor in the east about 2 out of 4 (possibly winning it once) that coach is probably a long haul candidate. I also think you can’t really count this year as a normal one for UT given the weird contact tracing our school had to endure that others didn’t. If this were a normal year, I think we definitely hit the bowl game mark and have a shot at the second one with Bailey and Shrout getting an actual full camp to compete.
So dumb you realize how archaic our offense is right? And our defense is below average...

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
Kiffin had NFL players all over the field that year. While people discuss overachieving with the Sullens twins, he also had Chris Scott and seniors in McClendon and Richard on the OL with a young Douglas.

Dan Williams, Berry, Bryce Brown, Hardesty, Denarius Moore, Luke Stocker, and Austin Johnson were either drafted or several had good careers in the NFL. Not a deep team but had talent.
Totally they had such great NFL careers 🤨

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back