Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
This and it was already stated that we were leaving room for High level transfers. In order to get immediate help. Did it all in terrible circumstances. It’s not like the recruits we signed today popped out of no where.... it’s who we’ve been recruiting for a while lol
Which sounds good, but who are these "high level transfers" and how do we know they'll pick us? How do we even know they'll help? We don't.

Reactions: mr.checkerboards
If Fulmer comes out with a vote of confidence BEFORE Texas AM destroys us then he needs to go too

If they were going to do it, I think they would have already.

I don’t know why everyone has become so convinced Pruitt is back since last night. I still believe he won’t be retained.

Reactions: amavol2
Which sounds good, but who are these "high level transfers" and how do we know they'll pick us? How do we even know they'll help? We don't.
Lol and we know as much about other recruits straight out of High School? Usually transfers come with experience..... at the college level.

For the "This Class Is Underwhelming" naysayers:

1. Our class is within a stone's throw of A&M and Florida, who are both currently ranked in the CFP top 10.
2. We have as many 4 stars as "Merry Flipmas" Ole Miss, Arkansas, Missouri, Vanderbilt, and South Carolina COMBINED!
3. We have 2x as many 4 stars as Auburn, 2x as many as Penn State, 2x as many as Florida State, 3x as many as Nebraska, 5x as many as Kentucky. 10x as many as UCLA. Hell, Virginia Tech has no 4 stars.
4. We're ahead of Texas, and have more blue chips than they do.
5. We're signing an ELITE QB, 2 power backs, weapons at TE and WR, and big boys in the trenches.
6. We still have room for more CORNBREAD recruits.

Shocker that Justin Fuente can't get even a 4 star. That's his MO. Great cerebral coach that can't recruit.

Reactions: Cosmo Kramer
Hard to get excited about a class when we don't appear to be building toward anything. We are striking out in some positions of dire need. I'm glad to have what we do but this program appears to be stalled under Pruitt, no energy, no excitement.
Our entire staff is geared to recruit...and we're 15th. Not sure how some don't see that as alarming.

Lol and we know as much about other recruits straight out of High School? Usually transfers come with experience..... at the college level.
Usually there's a reason they're transferring, and more often than not it's because they weren't good enough to start for the team they're leaving.

Except for the part where our defense is apparently so complicated that players in their first year cant get on the field. So how the flip does a transfer help?

Usually there's a reason they're transferring, and more often than not it's because they weren't good enough to start for the team they're leaving.

Funny that is not the case as much anymore.

Sometimes you just don’t fit in the former system you were recruited into.

Some kids just need a fresh start. Arik Gilbert (5 star) was a starter and his name is in the portal.... must be because he sucks right?

giphy.gif

I am no prophet. And I certainly am just like the rest of you...I care about all things TN. I’m here to give you hope that there are some folks who are fed up with this administration and staff and that same group is working on trying to put together something where the juice will be worth the squeeze. Very influential folks are involved in this process..you can choose to believe or you can choose not to...that’s up to you.
🙏

Also, we know what recruits are out there, and can see their body of work. Right now, we're just trusting that more, better players are going to be in the portal because we can't be talking about who's currently in there. Then we have to trust they pick UT. Lot more questions with these "high level transfers" that aren't even in the portal yet than there are with high school kids.

Except for the part where our defense is apparently so complicated that players in their first year cant get on the field. So how the flip does a transfer help?

I still call “BS” to this. All of Pruitts former recruits who are in the NFL talk about how Pruitt makes the defense easily understandable.

You can’t tell me all of the sudden it got “complicated” just because he became a head coach. Also, I played defense and it is not “complicated” play your assignments it’s pretty simple.

We've been so bad for 10+ years that having a "geared to recruit" staff only gets you to 15th.

Honestly, given how long it has been since our last relevant season, I'm surprised we've been able to recruit as well as we have been the last many years. I would have expected a lot more years in the 20s and 30s. To these 17, 18 year old kids, Tennessee is a totally irrelevant program that shows up in non-HD highlight reels, if they've even seen those.

For the "This Class Is Underwhelming" naysayers:

1. Our class is within a stone's throw of A&M and Florida, who are both currently ranked in the CFP top 10.
2. We have as many 4 stars as "Merry Flipmas" Ole Miss, Arkansas, Missouri, Vanderbilt, and South Carolina COMBINED!
3. We have 2x as many 4 stars as Auburn, 2x as many as Penn State, 2x as many as Florida State, 3x as many as Nebraska, 5x as many as Kentucky. 10x as many as UCLA. Hell, Virginia Tech has no 4 stars.
4. We're ahead of Texas, and have more blue chips than they do.
5. We're signing an ELITE QB, 2 power backs, weapons at TE and WR, and big boys in the trenches.
6. We still have room for more CORNBREAD recruits.
Seems like people want to have the #1 SEC class or a total failure so there's another excuse for a new HC.

There are 2 types of transfers that interest me. The Top 5 program 2nd stringers which are talented enough to start here now. And the star from lesser schools that want more TV exposure.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Funny that is not the case as much anymore.

Sometimes you just don’t fit in the former system you were recruited into.

Some kids just need a fresh start. Arik Gilbert (5 star) was a starter and his name is in the portal.... must be because he sucks right?
Gilbert's name is not in the portal. There's rumor he'll transfer, but he's not in the portal yet.

LWS vs AV,Meta and OB. These must be the the two factions fighting for control. LWS expects a support statement and the others say Fulmer has nothing to say about the situation and its not his call. I do remember people saying LWS knows Fulmer, so get the popcorn ready!
Could be both if they are fighting for control.

The problem isn't that the class is underwhelming. Considering the lack of job security of our coach, the class is actually pretty good.

The problem is our coach. I couldn't care less about recruiting right now because this staff can't develop players.
Who has he had time to develop that hasn't developed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back