Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, I’m not sold on Pruitt. I still don’t know if he should be out or not. When he was hired it was stated multiple times that he needed 5 years to make Tennessee competitive.

COVID-19 happened. Which was not good and kept a lot of young players from getting to play who I am almost certain Pruitt wanted and needed to play.

The way we were “allowed” to lose because of coaching mistakes by not playing a different QB etc. was rough for sure. Maybe it was a learning point.

Anyways, I think we will be competitive next year. How competitive I do not know but you can see all of the athletic ability the Freshman class has, and due to COVID-19 most of them weren’t able to see the field.

Should be interesting.

6th best in the conference
Nowhere close to AL and UGA
Every O lineman is a project
No elite DB's
One pass rusher who hasn't signed yet.
Very weak on in state guys.
So between the two of you we have the strengths and weaknesses of the class. Which are we going to focus on? Can we admit both are correct? How many teams in the US are close to AL and GA? Probably a couple that think they will make the playoffs 3 out of 4 years. We need to become a good team before worrying about becoming a great team....unfortunately. There are some really good players in this class that can help us become good. The
question right now is who are the coaches to get them there.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Uh, all our QBs, for starters. It isn't like he just got here.

Alontae Taylor. Princeton Fant. JJ Peterson. Greg Emerson. Jeremy Banks. Bryce Thompson. Theo Jackson. Wanya Morris. Darnell Wright. Quavaris Crouch. I know those last 3 guys are just sophomores, but these guys are elite talents at the end of their sophomore seasons and they haven't improved from the moment they got on campus.

Hell, as good as even Henry T is, he's stagnated if not taken a bit of a step back this year. He's still a good player, but I haven't seen him take steps forward under this staff.
I think the exact opposite is true. HB looks to be developing fine at QB, Taylor and Thompson will both play at the next level, Crouch gets better every game, HenryT gets better every week making a different type of play for us, Morris has been injured, Banks has never been a top prospect at any position and he looks decent. Those guys are developing fine, maybe as many as 5 or 6 pros on your list, how many did we have when he got here?

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Players that I expect to develop more under Pruitt & haven't (excluded JuCos)

2018: Bryce Thompson, Greg Emerson, JJ Peterson, Jerome Carvin, Jeremy Banks, JT Shrout, Kingston Harris. I think Taylor has developed well since he came outta HS as a WR. Also gotten more than I expected from Trevon Flowers
2019: Darnell Wright, Wanya Morris, Quavaris Crouch, Ramel Keyton, Jaylen McCullough, Tyus Fields, Jackson Lampley, Roman Harrison, Brian Maurer, Aaron Beasley. Of this class Eric Gray and Henry T have produced, could be argued they could be producing even more with better coaching though.

If it were 2003 I’d agree with you

I still think so. There used to be a time where I'd say we had about 5 more or less legit insiders and they would bring useful info to the board. Now we get vague posts and gifs and then they run back to say "I told you so" every time something happens like they called it?

If it were 2003 I’d agree with you

I still think so. There used to be a time where I'd say we had about 5 more or less legit insiders and they would bring useful info to the board. Now we get vague posts and gifs and then they run back to say "I told you so" every time something happens like they called it?

Our entire staff is geared to recruit...and we're 15th. Not sure how some don't see that as alarming.
We knew this would happen if they did not produce on the field this year. People are alarmed. That's why they are desperate for the coach to be replaced by a proven coach instead of waiting another year or two to see if CJP with new assistants can learn on the job.

Just checked the rankings.

We are still in the top 15, we had posters saying we would fall out of the top 30 and you Guys are complaining about Today?

Top 15 is a hell of a good job by this staff under the circumstances.
I think there is plenty of room for criticism at certain positions of need, but some posters have been over the top.

Chris Lowe on Swain Podcast this morning thinks Pruitt is coming back but what else is he going to say

Lowe is probably the most doom and gloom media personality out there concerning UT football. But he might be the most accurate, IDK. He has seemed resigned to the fact that the Vols relevance is long since over due to various obstacles.

Also, I’m not sold on Pruitt. I still don’t know if he should be out or not. When he was hired it was stated multiple times that he needed 5 years to make Tennessee competitive.

COVID-19 happened. Which was not good and kept a lot of young players from getting to play who I am almost certain Pruitt wanted and needed to play.

The way we were “allowed” to lose because of coaching mistakes by not playing a different QB etc. was rough for sure. Maybe it was a learning point.

Anyways, I think we will be competitive next year. How competitive I do not know but you can see all of the athletic ability the Freshman class has, and due to COVID-19 most of them weren’t able to see the field.

Should be interesting.

Stop being reasonable

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back