Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
LWS vs AV,Meta and OB. These must be the the two factions fighting for control. LWS expects a support statement and the others say Fulmer has nothing to say about the situation and its not his call. I do remember people saying LWS knows Fulmer, so get the popcorn ready!

LWS can speak for himself, but I think his connection used to be to Fulmer's staff. I think he has said for a while that he speaks more on what he feels as to what he has been specifically told.

No one has really stoked any coaching change fires today, which makes sense to me since today is supposed to be about our future players. Plenty of schools have dumped head coaches after ESD. I don't think anything that has happened over the last week with regard to recruiting is an indicator of Pruitt's fate either way. If the NCAA transfer waiver plays out like most expect, the real meat market for talent will play out over February and March.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Seems like people want to have the #1 SEC class or a total failure so there's another excuse for a new HC.
If we were winning, I'd care less about recruiting. When you're losing, how you're doing in recruiting becomes more important.

I can't believe some of you guys are slamming this recruiting class. These recruits are choosing to play for the Vols and the Tennessee rabid fans. Forget what you think about the staff for a moment and welcome these guys to the family. I'll never talk bad about anyone who wants to wear the Orange and give their all for Tennessee. How bout strapping on a pair and just welcome our recruits. You can always go back to being negative when the class is signed.

6th best in the conference
Nowhere close to AL and UGA
Every O lineman is a project
No elite DB's
One pass rusher who hasn't signed yet.
Very weak on in state guys.

We have stop thinking we are competing with Alabama and Georgia

Toto we are in Kansas anymore.

7-9wins a year is reality

You are correct I forgot it was just “opting out” all I’m saying is kids transfer for different reasons.
But we have no idea who will even be in the portal. We know which high school kids are out there. We're taking a big risk when we know we need help, and some are using it as an excuse for obvious misses, like at CB.

83323364.gif
Gah I hate winter.

Reactions: franklinpence
Who has he had time to develop that hasn't developed?
Uh, all our QBs, for starters. It isn't like he just got here.

Alontae Taylor. Princeton Fant. JJ Peterson. Greg Emerson. Jeremy Banks. Bryce Thompson. Theo Jackson. Wanya Morris. Darnell Wright. Quavaris Crouch. I know those last 3 guys are just sophomores, but these guys are elite talents at the end of their sophomore seasons and they haven't improved from the moment they got on campus.

Hell, as good as even Henry T is, he's stagnated if not taken a bit of a step back this year. He's still a good player, but I haven't seen him take steps forward under this staff.

I still call “BS” to this. All of Pruitts former recruits who are in the NFL talk about how Pruitt makes the defense easily understandable.

You can’t tell me all of the sudden it got “complicated” just because he became a head coach. Also, I played defense and it is not “complicated” play your assignments it’s pretty simple.

I don’t think it’s as much complicated as much as it is having the right people to teach it and simplify it for the players. Great coaches are great teachers. I think Pruitt has a track record of great teaching, which is why his former players all speak on his behalf about it, but he’s the HC now. Less time to teach and has more responsibilities than just the defense. JMO.

Reactions: cHiZzLeVOL
But we have no idea who will even be in the portal. We know which high school kids are out there. We're taking a big risk when we know we need help, and some are using it as an excuse for obvious misses, like at CB.
I’m not using anything as excuses. My point is we have been recruiting all these guys we signed today. It’s not like we weren’t. We have lost some high level commits, that’s on the staff, we will just have to see how it pans out. So far we got most of the ones we knew we were getting.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
LWS vs AV,Meta and OB. These must be the the two factions fighting for control. LWS expects a support statement and the others say Fulmer has nothing to say about the situation and its not his call. I do remember people saying LWS knows Fulmer, so get the popcorn ready!

With all respect in the world for the man, Fulmer needs to step aside.. he did what he needed to do and that was to calm the waters.. There's a reason he was fired the first time around, and that was because the game passed him by.. The same thing is happening to the coach he hired.. Thank you for your service, but its time to sit back and just be Vol royalty

LWS can speak for himself, but I think his connection used to be to Fulmer's staff. I think he has said for a while that he speaks more on what he feels as to what he has been specifically told.

LWS is insider ranking #1 and I'm not convinced there's a #2 to qualify.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back