Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s a crew in the FF, bless their souls, who is adamant he didn’t make it to the 40. What’s the pulse of this crew. I thought his torso landed on the 40

It sure looked like even with ball tucked around his chest that he made it to the marker, but unfortunately there was no good angle to change it. My final thought is it was a first down, but it was really close.

Now, I do have to say that the far side line judge had been calling us almost a yard short all game. Many of us commented on it during the game and when I saw Warren land I immediately looked towards that line judge and started yelling because I knew he was going to mark it short. Screw that ref.

Heupel play calling seemed off. No Evans and Cade going down really hurt. Evans is our best pass blocking back. It’s hurt us both game he has missed… then Cade loss was massive. I still am like WTF was Milton doing. How do you not throw the ball and what was he even afraid of it wasn’t even an unavoidable rush. It was one game he could of side stepped. He panicked

I think we overestimate how much anyone will care about this, outside of the 2 fanbases.

I just don’t think it’s a story that will survive more than a week. I mean, that’s 2 NFL and 1 college football news-cycles from now.

Just these past couple of weeks we had Urban, Gruden, and Kyrie.

Baseball is here, basketball is here, NFL is hitting its stride, and the CFb playoff rankings will be coming out soon to really set everyone's hair on fire.

Reactions: Jimmy Football
After the last few drives, I was finally like “**** this” and turned it off. Not mad at our team or the coaches, I’m just mad, if that makes any sense? I just really wanted to beat Kiffin, but not only that I kept telling myself the whole game we needed this win to turn our program around or see signs of it. I don’t know maybe I’m just defeated.

Bama next and then off a week, ugh.

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol
Nothing good is going to come from this. The criticism and consequences are going to be one-sided, precipitating cause is going to be ignored and UT is going to self-punish. I doubt there will be an internal consensus, but one way or another, it will further stress relationships.
Until the leadership throws up the middle finger to the SEC it will never change. We've not had a strong AD since Dickey. Jury is still out on White. We always capitulate which leads to more overbearing responses from the SEC and NCAA.

I know it will never happen but we seriously should consider leaving the conference. We're held down and kicked over and over by the SEC.

You do realize we are only halfway through the season, some didn't project us to win a single SEC game, we have 70 players on scholarship, and we just took the #12 team to the wire in a primetime matchup despite injuries and lack of depth because of the job this coaching staff has done and the effort and buy-in these players have put in?

I would expect such a brash, emotional, whiney response from a child under 12 years old. Get it together or stop watching.

It is what it is at this point. UT is the king of moral victories. We did the exact same thing with Butch and Pruitt. The expectations from people in the know was 6 wins. I hope Heupel can lead us back and I think he’s a much better coach than Pruitt.

But it is incredibly fair to say he’s had some very poor in game coaching moments on big games against good teams. He’s not recruiting well enough to get us to win these games.

It sure looked like even with ball tucked around his chest that he made it to the marker, but unfortunately there was no good angle to change it. My final thought is it was a first down, but it was really close.

Now, I do have to say that the far side line judge had been calling us almost a yard short all game. Many of us commented on it during the game and when I saw Warren land I immediately looked towards that line judge and started yelling because I knew he was going to mark it short. Screw that ref.
If there are pylon cams. There should be line to gain cams

He had the ball closer to his waist, so it was even closer. I'm not upset about that call though, it was really close. I'm upset that there was no camera on that entire half of the field to give us a definitive view on whether he got it or not. Is there a camera shortage?

I hate being right sometimes.
What are your thoughts on that scoop and score reversal? There wasn't a single whistle or even dead ball signal, and the QB was clearly hiding the ball preparing to do something with it. Can refs retroactively kill a play that no one killed or even signaled dead? I'm fine with no whistle on an incomplete pass or open field tackle, but I've never seen refs bail out a failed fake handoff like that even with a whistle, but especially not when there was no whistle or hand in the air to signal the play was dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back