Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
1) Corall is still running wild in Knoxville on 3rd down somewhere

2) Best effort I've seen in years

3) Cade, Cooper, and Tiyon being out lost us the game, straight up.

4) If Hooker is out a long time I'm not sure we win 6 games

5) We are playing better than we should with a very average roster
I agree with 1, 2, and 5. 3 is a strong contributor 4 is moronic, sorry.

Reactions: OrangenSC
Hopefully we get Evans and Cooper and/or Cade at 100% for this week.

I’m also fully on board with Bailey being the starter if Hooker can’t go. He has 3 games he can still play without burning his RS (I believe).

Milton’s last play against Ole Miss would be his last play for UT. Even if there was nowhere to throw it, head down & try to get in. You’re bigger than 8 of the 11 defenders on the field, show some damn fight.

They showed an angle on TV that allowed us to see where the ball was - it was at his waiste. His shoulders and the arm without the ball were over the forty. Unfortunately, the ball was not.

I have yet to see definitive tape of where the ball was in relation to the line. Could you direct me to this? They did not show this last night.

Until the leadership throws up the middle finger to the SEC it will never change. We've not had a strong AD since Dickey. Jury is still out on White. We always capitulate which leads to more overbearing responses from the SEC and NCAA.

I know it will never happen but we seriously should consider leaving the conference. We're held down and kicked over and over by the SEC.
Exactly. Sankey is going to protect the teams who they think can win and get to money making bowls and the playoffs. The rest will continue to get hosed. I’m tired of it and tired of making them money. I say screw them. Any conference would love to have us.

I actually just quoted myself and explained the 1st and 19 call. There was so much more than 3 yards there. The 2nd and 16 call was not good. They had 7 in the box there. So, if Hooker was reading it, he read wrong. If it was from the sideline, then it was not a great decision.
Yeah I totally agree with your post. I still think running on 1st and 19 is suspect to begin with. Definitely understand it more than the second down call, but I’m just of the mindset where you need to be throwing when you’re that far behind the sticks

I can’t really fault our defense. How many 4th downs did Ole Miss have to convert to keep drives alive? How many times did our offense put them in a bad spot?

We were missing some DL guys, and our weakest positional group LB got taken advantage of. Still Ole Miss had to drive long drives to get points.

Refs stole a TD from us and we lost by 5, if Chase nails that 49 yard FG then we’re setting up a game winning FG.

Exactly. Sankey is going to protect the teams who they think can win and get to money making bowls and the playoffs. The rest will continue to get hosed. I’m tired of it and tired of making them money. I say screw them. Any conference would love to have us.
ACC, we could be winning that conference in 3 years.

Reactions: Volunteer821
UT has invested hugely in this "right way" rally cry and trumpeted it at every touchpoint. People actually count the number of times "right way" is mentioned in interviews and speeches. So UT is locked into carrying it through and self-policing and self-sanctioning off-brand behavior.

It will be interesting to see how Boyd responds-- if he'll rein in others or go along. People are already disgruntled with the investigation continuing to expand and dragging on so long. Boyd won't be happy at the exposure, he won't like the consequences and he won't agree with everything that's coming. But the Dickey Era is long gone, and UT will play the role it created.
Big reason I won’t give money to the University still. My family and I gave too much and got spit on every chance. I like Heup and this staff, but everyone I know is giving up season tickets and taking a more wait and see approach. It’s been a long fifteen years of mediocrity and it’s finally wearing on people. And if an administration will not stand up for their team and coaches, then why should fans and donors?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back