Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
why tf do they not have a camera angle that shows the whole playing field. It was basically 4th and goal with no time on the clock and all we get is a zoomed in shot of milton running around. that bugs the piss out of me. was anyone remotely open?

The broadcast in general is terrible. Lots of goofy side stories while the game is being played.

Add 20 seconds to the play clock and we also win. #VolThings I know...but speaking of how close we were, even with all the crap going against us...

Reactions: ugg
BOLD PREDICTION: Milton starts first half of bama game, does so bad we have to put HB15 in and he does good enough to assume starting position during bye week and until Hooker is healthy
btw, can Maurer pull his name from the portal and rejoin the team? He sucks and is a headcase but we need more than 2 healthy scholarship qbs
Milton probably does poorly vs Bama...but if there's a way to beat a Bama defense (ESPECIALLY if Evans is out) is to beat them over the top. I know the likelihood is low, but if he can find lightning in a bottle, he's the sort of threat that gives you a chance.

Fwiw he seems like a better runner than HH too.

Reactions: OrangenSC
As for the fake injury situation, here is how you handle it: NCAA needs to pass a rule where injured players cannot return on that drive, they have to wait til next possession to go in.
Another thing that would help is the team with the injured player can not go to the side line. They can only substitute one player for the injured player. Also, after so many injuries, it cost them a time out.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rishvol
I haven’t…my worst offense even when drunk was accidentally kicking over a soda on a kid. I then gave his mom $20 to buy him another one lol

If boozing effects your sense of judgement so badly don’t drink at sporting events.

Can’t claim Ole Miss & SEC need to be held accountable while also giving the fans a pass cause “haven’t you done stupid stuff when drunk too?”
I’ve not once said those two parties should be held accountable lmfao

We lost this game in the first half, IMO. Worst half of offensive football we have played, IMO.

I also agree that the SEC HAS to do something about the officiating. It gets worse every year.
They literally don’t care. They will protect the cash cows and teams that make them money. That isn’t changing and hasn’t changed for decades. It is why our administration needs to man up for once and defend this team. Tell them to fix it or we are leaving. Guarantee they cave. Even with us being down, we are a national brand and a top fifteen program. Every conference would be dying for us to come.

As for the fake injury situation, here is how you handle it: NCAA needs to pass a rule where injured players cannot return on that drive, they have to wait til next possession to go in.
My only problem with this is that it ends up being a major punishment for those who are actually hurt. Imagine a corner getting the wind knocked out of him on a tackle and then having to sit around 9 or 10 more plays until the drive is over because of this rule. Seems harsh for an actual injury

BOLD PREDICTION: Milton starts first half of bama game, does so bad we have to put HB15 in and he does good enough to assume starting position during bye week and until Hooker is healthy
btw, can Maurer pull his name from the portal and rejoin the team? He sucks and is a headcase but we need more than 2 healthy scholarship qbs
I would make Milton scout team today and let Maurer practice tomorrow. What Milton did was inexcusable. He is terrible and has been terrible since he came here. He never needs to see the field again and let him transfer.

On a lighter note - @cHiZzLeVOL I was wrong. You didn’t have your best week. It was your second best week. I like how you left Tiyon in your lineup. Dude didn’t play, and you still put up points. I hate that league.

I thought there was a rule that any injury under 2 minutes involved a ten second runoff. Am I mistaken there? Hooker's injury was at 18 seconds but there was no timeout left for us and no runoff.

Another thing that would help is the team with the injured player can not go to the side line. They can only substitute one player for the injured player. Also, after so many injuries, it coat them a time out.

Is it truly fair if a team is dealing with legitimate injuries…..it’s a tough situation. Last night Seemed obvious.

Jimmy ragging on Heup this morning for the telling Spraggins to "go down". Justified given what Ole Miss was doing all game?

What a stupid take. He had to go down to give the team time to get a sub in the game. If he is coming out because he is hurt, that was the right thing to do. Hyams continues to be one of the biggest tools in the Knoxville media.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back