Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
SEC refs are a joke. Pick any game in the SEC and you will see these types of calls every game. SEC created this mess. All the throwing objects was directed at the refs not Lane or Ole miss imo. Was it uncalled for ? yes but these refs were screwing Tn every chance and the fans knew it. Heup could not get an explanation on marking the ball on the field several times.
The arkansas Auburn game, for the third year in a row, had some atrocious officiating too.

LOL you're not very good at identifying my argument if you think you just used my argument. My point was you and people like you keep saying if fans hadn't thrown stuff, there's a chance the poor officiating would be addressed. But the dozens of games with poor officiating and no trash thrown haven't had the poor officiating addressed, so why would you think that the throwing of trash is why the poor officiating won't be addressed?
That was the same crew that called the MSU/Memphis game.

LOL you're not very good at identifying my argument if you think you just used my argument. My point was you and people like you keep saying if fans hadn't thrown stuff, there's a chance the poor officiating would be addressed. But the dozens of games with poor officiating and no trash thrown haven't had the poor officiating addressed, so why would you think that the throwing of trash is why the poor officiating won't be addressed?
I didn't say that it would be addressed if there were no trash being thrown.

Corral has a chance to be the next Russell Wilson. He’s that good.
I would stay very far away from him in the nfl draft….. There are three teams that run this system in the sec…..Tennessee, ole miss, and Arkansas…. All three have similar QB ratings with the order being 1. Hooker 2. Corral 3. KJ Jefferson…. He is great for the system all of us run though.

I didn't say that it would be addressed if there were no trash being thrown.
"While I agree, our idiot fans have made the officiating impossible to focus on about last night."

Our idiot fans are not why the officiating will be ignored. Your implication was that our idiot fans are the reason the poor officiating won't be focused on.

Reactions: VOLINVONORE
I would stay very far away from him in the nfl draft….. There are three teams that run this system in the sec…..Tennessee, ole miss, and Arkansas…. All three have similar QB ratings with the order being 1. Hooker 2. Corral 3. KJ Jefferson…. He is great for the system all of us run though.
Look how little talent those teams have - relative to the SEC though. Corral is basically a 1 man team. Man couldnt even find open guys last night and ran like hell. He's dangerous, but yeah I'm not 100% sold. But not sure there's anything close to a guarantee out there this year. He should still be #1 QB taken but not sure anyone should sell their soul for that kid for sure.

Unfortunately, it was far from being only students. If that was the case I could rationalize it in my own mind.

But it was a whole lot of older adults as well. It was pathetic, inexcusable, and embarrassing. It lends credence to those who like to insult our fan base and gives them more ammo. I don't give a hoot what they say about us when it's not valid. But it's completely different when they're justified in saying it. This time it's justified and makes it look like they were right all along.
While I agree it’s uncalled for to throw trash on the field. Plenty of other teams in sports all across the country (world actually) do it all the time, Yet media is acting as if we’re the only fans to ever do it. Fans will be held accountable but refs and coaches won’t be. The announcers and SEC now guys in the studio taking a moral high ground acting as if this was some sort of terrorist attack against OM and the ref was laughable and pathetic

DJ Durkin is on the Ole Miss sideline for crying out loud

We had a chance to have a decent year yet we shat our pants when we played any team with a pulse. USC barely beat Andy and Mizzou is hot trash.

Heupel can beat bad teams but our teams have looked ill-prepared when we’ve played UF, Pitt, and now OM. Those were the games we could have won and went 0-3.

Lots of injuries and Bama next week is gonna be painful
Nomination for worst post of the week

Still trying to figure out how you allow a strip-score to happen, RUNNING WITH THE PLAYER, NOT WAVING OR BLOWING IT DEAD, indicating a TD, then convening and saying "ah yeah we should have blown the whistle"

HUH???
What happens when you just make things up on the spot!!! I do hope Hype rails them for that crap. Unforgivable.

Go back and watch Heupels post game…. I don’t think Milton will be playing against Alabama.

He literally gave the death stare when asked about that play.
We are screwed….. Milton doesn’t seem to have anything upstairs and Bailey isn’t close to ready…. Hooker made some extremely huge strides in a short amount of time…. Maybe Bailey can as well.

Last edited:
Still trying to figure out how you allow a strip-score to happen, RUNNING WITH THE PLAYER, NOT WAVING OR BLOWING IT DEAD, indicating a TD, then convening and saying "ah yeah we should have blown the whistle"

HUH???
This really should be addressed. I dont know what kind of excuses commentators made for the sec officials, but bama and UGA gets those calls 100% of the time . Unreal our self policing asses can't get calls. Our program is a cuck.

Reactions: BigSteve09
"While I agree, our idiot fans have made the officiating impossible to focus on about last night."

Our idiot fans are not why the officiating will be ignored. Your implication was that our idiot fans are the reason the poor officiating won't be focused on.
Nah, that's not my implication. My implication is that we have removed any possibility that the officiating would be address by those actions. That doesn't mean that if we hadn't done that they would have been addressed. Hopefully that's a clearer way of what I was trying to say. You gain nothing by throwing a tantrum and being trash and only give them the excuse to definitely not focus on the poor officiating.

Reactions: jave36
UT has weak leadership. This is why we havent been back and it remains to be seen if we will. Plowman and White are still over there playing in the kiddie pool, instead of in the adult pool
It's way too easy to sit on the internet and criticize leadership for handling things differently than you would, when you don't even know what they will or will not do. It's way too easy to talk about what you would do if you were in that situation. You're not, so you don't have to suffer the repercussions for that action. They do. They don't have the luxury of letting their emotions speak for them without risk. They have to represent the whole university, not just some fans upset about a game. They have to took look at the big picture.

I have no doubt DW will do the right thing. But we won't necessarily know what it is. And we shouldn't know.

Look how little talent those teams have - relative to the SEC though. Corral is basically a 1 man team. Man couldnt even find open guys last night and ran like hell. He's dangerous, but yeah I'm not 100% sold. But not sure there's anything close to a guarantee out there this year. He should still be #1 QB taken but not sure anyone should sell their soul for that kid for sure.
I wouldn’t take him….. neither Tennessee, Ole Miss, or Arkansas is loaded in talent…..This system puts the QBs in position to make plays.

Reactions: LoudOrange
We are screwed….. Milton doesn’t seem to have anything upstairs and Bailey isn’t close to ready…. Hooker made extremely huge strides in a short amount of time…. Maybe Bailey can as well.
Bailey showed me on his QB keeper that he knows what he is doing. That was the same play Hooker should of kept against Pitt that would have won us the game. Bailey read it right and scored.

Bailey can get it done if he is given the chance. We already know what we have in Milton. You can’t start him and expect the guys to be behind him, especially after he ran out of bounds on the last play of the game after the team fought all game to try and beat Ole Miss.

We are screwed….. Milton doesn’t seem to have anything upstairs and Bailey isn’t close to ready…. Hooker made extremely huge strides in a short amount of time…. Maybe Bailey can as well.
Have they said anything about Hooker's ability to return to the field?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back