Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't read everything. Lot of the usual crying and whining as usual. Georgia is better top to bottom. Period. What UT is doing on Offense WILL close that gap. Again, most 3 year rebuilds take 3 years. We are ahead of schedule. Need to restock the shelf on Defense (Duh) in my opinion through transfer portal. Hooker will likely come back. Need another SEC ready RB if Evans can't stay healthy. Beat the crap out of South Al. and Candy then win a Bowl game. 8-5 this year looks real good.
8-5 is way ahead of schedule. Our season win total in Vegas was 6.5 and it was juiced -160 to the under by the time the season started. NOBODY (outside of TN) thought we would be here.

Like I said earlier, we can all see the foundation of a great program, just need guys that can execute.

I posted a few days ago when the transfers started coming in for Mich St, who has done a lot this year with a transfer-laden roster. Dec-May was transfer season for them. I don't think we should look to Early Signing Day as a sign of progress for this team. If we finish top 20, I'd say our roster-building is ahead of schedule as well. But I don't think we see us closing this class entirely until May.

Regarding Evans, is it the same injury this whole time? Or a bunch of different ones?

Observations from attending the game…

(1) UGA fans are insufferable - probably the worst opposing fans I’ve ever been around
(2) CFB HAS TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE INJURIES BY NEXT YEAR - Gonna be unwatchable if this “faking” continues. We did it too once or twice tonight but something like making the “injured” player sit out at least 2 consecutive series.
(3) Hooker had to be mistake free and play at least as efficient as UK. But he had an off game, it is what it is. Play calling was suspect and erratic at points.
(4) WE NEED DEPTH…. A LOT, ESPECIALLY EVERYWHERE ON D AND RB
(5) UGA O - If Cook gets hurt they are screwed

I agree with you man but McGill preaches all of it yet comes in here and talks all sorts of ****. Talking down on people, telling them to **** off etc bro. That’s my gripe. It’s not about the Christianity. It’s about him and how he acts and what he claims
No one likes when you come straight at them. I get defensive even when I know I’m wrong. Oh well, Go Vols, we are all hurting a little tonight. Future is bright though

Reactions: mrMet
Also, this UGA team looks a lot like Bama before Saban committed fully to the new offensive style of football.

Serviceable "game manager" QB
Great RB
Commanding OL
Monster defense

Defense wins championships but they don't do it alone.

After seeing how close we were with not nearly the talent that the top 8ish teams have. I don't know that UGA will get through Bama, Semis, and Championship game just expecting their defense to suffocate the opponent.

Noticed it was Ramel (obviously) Hyatt, Holiday, and Merril taking snaps today. Still no Calloway. Bet he has one foot out the door already.

I wonder if Ramel can can a leap like Tillman has. He isn’t fast but that was the knock on Tillman also.

Would be good to get some quality snaps out of him the rest of the way.

Noticed it was Ramel (obviously) Hyatt, Holiday, and Merril taking snaps today. Still no Calloway. Bet he has one foot out the door already.

I wonder if Ramel can can a leap like Tillman has. He isn’t fast but that was the knock on Tillman also.

Would be good to get some quality snaps out of him the rest of the way.
But at least Tillman is big and physical. Keyton needs to be one or the other. I wouldn’t exactly call Tillman slow either.

Hooker didn't play well today, he needs to come back next year and work on his game. 3 for 5 in the redzone for 17 points but twice we got 0 points which can't happen if you trying to upset a better team. Lose the turnover battle 0-2 as well.

Ultimately, we just need to recruit recruit and recruit some more. Georgia is so talented and we are having to play with no depth and less talented players. The players are fighting though.

I didn't like some of the play calls but overall we move the ball between the 20s and we had opportunities for big plays.

Bigger Picture: I'm happy with this season. I've been saying all year that if we won 6 games this year it would have been a successful season. We should finish with 7 wins, 8 with a bowl game win and realistically could had finish the season with 9 regular season wins in Year 1.

We are ahead of schedule on the rebuild, we definitely going in the right direction.

GBF🍊

Our starting players are selling cookies and hamburgers, Bama and Georgia stars have million dollar NIL deals… nothing will get better for us until that is changed

Reactions: lilesrt
Hooker didn't play well today, he needs to come back next year and work on his game. 3 for 5 in the redzone for 17 points but twice we got 0 points which can't happen if you trying to upset a better team. Lose the turnover battle 0-2 as well.

Ultimately, we just need to recruit recruit and recruit some more. Georgia is so talented and we are having to play with no depth and less talented players. The players are fighting though.

I didn't like some of the play calls but overall we move the ball between the 20s and we had opportunities for big plays.

Bigger Picture: I'm happy with this season. I've been saying all year that if we won 6 games this year it would have been a successful season. We should finish with 7 wins, 8 with a bowl game win and realistically could had finish the season with 9 regular season wins in Year 1.

We are ahead of schedule on the rebuild, we definitely going in the right direction.

GBF🍊
Milton got one of those touchdowns

Honestly there’s a lot of positives from tonight. We were never going to win. Excited to get bowl eligible next week and finish 3rd in the East two weeks later.

Almost 400 yards of offense. Just need more depth.

Agreed. Biggest thing for me is that Tennessee competed for 60 minutes.

Team played hard and moved the ball.

Glad we got 17 points. I will get to tell Bulldog fans in my life I thought Florida was better on defense because they held us to just 14.

Also, Georgia’s got a really good defense, but I don’t think it’s as good as that 2011 defense Bama had.

8-5 is way ahead of schedule. Our season win total in Vegas was 6.5 and it was juiced -160 to the under by the time the season started. NOBODY (outside of TN) thought we would be here.

Like I said earlier, we can all see the foundation of a great program, just need guys that can execute.

I posted a few days ago when the transfers started coming in for Mich St, who has done a lot this year with a transfer-laden roster. Dec-May was transfer season for them. I don't think we should look to Early Signing Day as a sign of progress for this team. If we finish top 20, I'd say our roster-building is ahead of schedule as well. But I don't think we see us closing this class entirely until May.

Regarding Evans, is it the same injury this whole time? Or a bunch of different ones?
Not sure, hope it's the same injury and not just a low pain threshold.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back