Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are pretty much the same on rushing production. Evans has next level talent though, but not tapped into it completely here due to injury. Losing him sucks because of his potential at 100%. Basilio said he wasn’t going to class so I guess this was inevitable.

View attachment 415017
I say he's better and done more, as in his availability and demeanor. Also they're pretty much equal in production. Evans has more big play potential and could be one of the SECs best backs, but Small is the better back overall.

Great point. I didn't. But, I certainly don't count myself as immune to self-centered living!
In fact, if you'll allow me to be transparently preachery, that's one reason -- among many -- that I am convinced I need God's grace in Christ.
Unfortunately, consumerism is so intertwined with our modernist worldview and national identity. The value of stocks are more important to the modern American than nearly any other issue. I'm not sure how that knot can be untied.

I like how he's been seeing the field and that burst he has when he hits a seam. He's gonna be good.

I agree. There’s a lot of talent right there. That burst jumps out a lot. We don’t have anybody else with that. He wasn’t patient enough or trusting his eyes early in the yr but that’s not surprising for a youngster. It has all def slowed down the last 3 games or so. He’s pretty much earned more carries no matter what RB is healthy or available.

Apparently there is another starter that was hurt most of the year thinking about transferring. Any ideas on who that might be?

Sit for remainder of series and the next one. And maybe if the same player has to have play stopped for a second injury, he sits for the next two series or something. Seems like that strikes a fair balance.

And I’d be open to a penalty at some point also- e.g. more than two defensive injuries on a single drive is a 10-yard penalty, or more than 10 in a game.

It should at the very least start to cost you timeouts at a certain point.

It does need to be reasonable so as not to punish legitimate injuries, but Ole Miss having 30 defensive injuries in a game (and ~no offensive injuries) is ridiculous and should result in penalties.
Having a player sit for two series due to an injury is the definition of punishing players for legitimate injuries. That's over-reactive and dumb tbh.

You also don't want players trying to play through injuries they have no business playing through because they're afraid to get punished or cost their team significantly over a badly jammed or broken finger, tweaked ankle, etc.

We don't need to go overboard on punishment because of the faking. We have to strike a balance.

Reactions: hooter vol
Having a player sit for two series due to an injury is the definition of punishing players for legitimate injuries. That's over-reactive and dumb tbh.

You also don't want players trying to play through injuries they have no business playing through because they're afraid to get punished or cost their team significantly over a badly jammed or broken finger, tweaked ankle, etc.

We don't need to go overboard on punishment because of the faking. We have to strike a balance.
Truthfully, in the interest of player safety, an on-field injury should require the player sit a certain amount of time. 2 series is probably too much. 1 series seems about right, that's usually no more than 10 plays. Or maybe 2:30 of game clock.

Either way, something has to be done.

Cinci needs to put on a show today. East Carolina isn't terrible. If Cinci has a chance, they'll score 100.
I believe uga beats bama. Bama's o-line is not great. I don't think 2 loss bama gets in if those other teams win out. Would probably be the best thing for College football if they don't, then Cincy or OK State beats Georgia in the playoffs... and then beat an Ohio State University

listening to players talk on nation. they're bought in. this team is tight. Dont know TE, but something is amiss. Players love this staff.

If true, good riddance we ride or die with Small and Wright. He barely played.

Huepel and staff can be good recruiters, and I think are. Gotta start showin' some results.
Good to hear and I think it shows. This team carries themselves different.

However a family member of Morven Joseph was on Twitter saying its not as good as it appears. I don't really buy that. However if it is true I think there are maybe a few outliers that haven't bought in yet.

There’s no way to remove the fake injuries without having players also have to play through real injuries.

My idea has always been, you go down, you are done for that drive, if you go down 3 times in a game, you are medically disqualified for the rest of the game.
Sure you’d just have Kiffin sub in his scrub players to take a fall but it would stop him from telling his starters to go down to stop momentum when that player would be out the rest of that drive.

Reactions: SoilVol
Good to hear and I think it shows. This team carries themselves different.

However a family member of Morven Joseph was on Twitter saying its not as good as it appears. I don't really buy that. However if it is true I think there are maybe a few outliers that haven't bought in yet.

Def not about to listen to Morven Joseph’s family lol sorry. I don’t buy it either. Sour grapes is what that is. He couldn’t get on the field with this current defense certainly speaks volumes.

There’s no way to remove the fake injuries without having players also have to play through real injuries.

My idea has always been, you go down, you are done for that drive, if you go down 3 times in a game, you are medically disqualified for the rest of the game.
Sure you’d just have Kiffin sub in his scrub players to take a fall but it would stop him from telling his starters to go down to stop momentum when that player would be out the rest of that drive.
Also they would have to be able to sub in said scrub. Our offense doesn't give much time for substitutions

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back