Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I won’t either….. he has talent but not really been a huge help for us bc he hasn’t been able to play in very many games.

And def hasn’t played in the biggest games outside of FL……Pitt, Ole Miss, UK, UGA and the Vandy rivalry game obviously. Barely played in Bama game. It’s like he hasn’t been here the whole time so who cares. RBs are easy to find esp with Heup.

Yeah I wondered that too. Possibly a misinterpretation by The Athletic regarding the rule?
Someone laid it out here and it seemed feasible…. That the date is the actual transfer date and the player has to complete that semester in good acadmeic standing…. If true…. We may get both Maurers and Baileys space for a transfer spot…… I sort of doubt that we get one for Evans bc he doesn’t seem to interested in school.

The day after Thanksgiving our culture has trained itself to wipe from our mind the exercise in gratitude we just undertook, and immediately begin thinking about buying more material junk. Just a reminder, we are not obligated to participate.

Black-Friday-shopping.gif
Did you type this using a smartphone?

Reactions: VFLPastor
The NCAA with NIL and these silly transfer rules has set up a minor league system for the top teams.
They can send down players that don't cut the mustard and can cherry pick who they want from rivals.

Change my mind.
Maybe to a degree. I think mostly it’s just giving these more flaky players a way to think they are relevant and a platform to do that. The majority of players that will really help a program and you want on your team will stay. It’s just a platform for the divas to feel more important than they are.

That’s why most guys going into the portal either never find a spot or have to transfer down.

My theory: Tiyon had plans to be one and done and did not take care of his classes to start the semester. Especially after the early success.

After getting injured he likely got reports that he probably wouldn't get drafted and needed another year.

But.... he hadn't done his work, and now he doesn't have a choice but to transfer or declare anyway because he will be academically ineligible at the end of the semester.

My theory: Tiyon had plans to be one and done and did not take care of his classes to start the semester. Especially after the early success.

After getting injured he likely got reports that he probably wouldn't get drafted and needed another year.

But.... he hadn't done his work, and now he doesn't have a choice but to transfer or declare anyway because he will be academically ineligible at the end of the semester.

Probably pretty accurate.

Anybody else feel like Nancy Kerrigan right after she got hit by the steel pipe when family finally leaves on Thanksgiving.

566987ac68682a167a159593188934e4.gif

I love my family, dearly, but they also test my nerves.
I don’t feel that way most of the time. All our family are close in location and see each other a couple times each week at least. So we don’t linger that long. Clean up is the worst.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
it takes away so much from a fan perspective. My 12 year old told be the news this morning and said I don’t even like college sports anymore with all these transfers

Yeah, most kids should stick it out. It does kind of suck from a fan perspective (and especially I’m thinking of kids here) to have these guys just bounce around. Last year, two of my young son’s favorites were, of course, Gray and To’oto’o. Tough to see them go to Oklahoma and (especially) Bama this year. Then the same thing is going to happen with Tiyon… it is what it is, and most kids that are contributing will stay around probably, but if this ends up with star upperclassmen just transferring to Bama or UGA, it will be especially lame.

That being said, bring me Tank Bigsby and that Va Tech TE. 😉

The NCAA with NIL and these silly transfer rules has set up a minor league system for the top teams.
They can send down players that don't cut the mustard and can cherry pick who they want from rivals.

Change my mind.
You can make it work for you

Ole Miss fixed their defense
UCLA fixed their run game
Kentucky got a great WR that has been driving defenses (incl ours) crazy
Mich State supercharged a subpar roster in one offseason
UNC upgraded their run game

Alabama got a good WR and obviously Toot. Ohio St lost more than they gained. Dabo didn't even acknowledge the portal until like 2 weeks ago.

1. "Injured" player must leave for rest of series.
2. No other players can substitute
3. Team can't go to the sidelines
I like 1. but maybe adjust for like 4 plays, or end of series, whichever is shorter. You don't want to punish genuinely hurt players who may only need a play or two to get back out there. But you do want to disadvantage the defense to prevent faking.

I'm intrigued by the idea of forcing the defense to play a man down for 1 play. Similar to soccer not having a substitute when a player goes down and is being treated.

Reactions: OrangenSC
I like 1. but maybe adjust for like 4 plays, or end of series, whichever is shorter. You don't want to punish genuinely hurt players who may only need a play or two to get back out there. But you do want to disadvantage the defense to prevent faking.

I'm intrigued by the idea of forcing the defense to play a man down for 1 play. Similar to soccer not having a substitute when a player goes down and is being treated.

Sit for remainder of series and the next one. And maybe if the same player has to have play stopped for a second injury, he sits for the next two series or something. Seems like that strikes a fair balance.

And I’d be open to a penalty at some point also- e.g. more than two defensive injuries on a single drive is a 10-yard penalty, or more than 10 in a game.

It should at the very least start to cost you timeouts at a certain point.

It does need to be reasonable so as not to punish legitimate injuries, but Ole Miss having 30 defensive injuries in a game (and ~no offensive injuries) is ridiculous and should result in penalties.

Reactions: OrangenSC
This seems like a very very bad look. As good as the offense has been, our best player transfers? Yikes. That said, least important position in football and we have multiple guys I’m confident in. Not a huge deal to our on field production, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back