Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
This may have been Heupel’s most star-studded and talented roster. It will all be 3-stars, occasional high 4, and projects from here on out. So we need to be patient. We knew going in that we aren’t beating out big 3 for awhile, and he wasn’t a tenacious recruiter. Can’t forget we play the hardest SOS in the nation year in year out… strap in. This past year will be status quo for awhile. Although next year we could make noise and have a Ole Miss 10-2 type season of Hooker and some wideouts return and we replenish the RB and OL groups. Lol.

We really don’t know that yet.

Apparently there is another starter that was hurt most of the year thinking about transferring. Any ideas on who that might be?
Mitchell maybe? Just a guess as I have no reason to assume that other than he met the criteria of the question that he was someone starting and injured most of the year. I think I remember seeing he originally just wanted to prove himself in the SEC and be a one and done here and on to the NFL as well.

Reactions: OrangenSC
okay so we know our coaching staff can make the most of what they have, can coach their rears off, the players love them, and they can develop kids .... But what I haven't seen yet is their ability to RECRUIT, which is one of the keys to being successful in the SEC... I don't think they get it coming from UCF... I hope they don't think they will just keep maximizing what they have and it will all work out... we need talent at every position, and talent is currently being scooped up and going elsewhere... to schools we whipped...
unless they know something we don't and have agreements with portal kids and some silent commits, they need to step it up in a major way... This is one of things I was worried about when they announced the hire... I hope he proves me wrong, but right now at this point in the year, I am certainly not getting a good feeling...
I'm fairly certain Rodney Gardner knows what it takes to recruit in the SEC. He's been recruiter on 9 5-stars that committed to programs he was at.

Man. I think I have something in both my eyes.

Those are some good guys that are hopefully laying a foundation for better times ahead. Based off of that, I guess Calbert isn’t planning on taking a medical redshirt. I really hate his season ended before it got started. This could have been a big year for him. He had to work really hard to rehab to be able to play last week. Hats off to those guys, and best of luck to them in whatever path they take.

You should all listen to the latest Bleav in Tennessee podcast, especially (but not only) if you are freaking out about Morven Joseph airing his grievances.

Can you summarize your comment regarding Morven Joseph? I don’t want to listen to an hour podcast.

Last edited:
I'm fairly certain Rodney Gardner knows what it takes to recruit in the SEC. He's been recruiter on 9 5-stars that committed to programs he was at.
Also Willie Martinez didn't recruit too badly last time he was here. Helper bring in Nigel Warrior, Todd Kelly, and Jauan Jennings, along with a bunch of players that started here over the years including Cam Sutton.

Can you summarize your comment regard Morven Joseph? I don’t want to listen to an hour podcast.

It is worth your time — really interesting podcast-style interview with Jacob Warren. But my comment about Morven Joseph was just a lot of positive vibes about Heupel from a current player and a relatively recent former player.

Would love to know the back story to Tiyon entering the transfer portal. Seems strange since he was our best RB and if you believe the rumors that he wasn't going to class, why not just hang around, use the facilities, then declare.

Nonetheless, best of luck to the young man.

😂 this kid talking mess about the school he is leaving give me a break. Apparently he wasn’t a good teammate.

Funny how the individuals starting and actually flourishing on offense and defense are talking about how this is the best coaching staff they have had.

I hate to offend those who are blind or have bad eye site (mine isn’t good either), but as long as you have eyes, you can see the difference in coaching this year. You can just watch film without knowing anything else about our players, program, or culture. The coaches put our players in position to win games. That’s really all that matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back