Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bezos graduated from Princeton with a Bachelor's of science though...
Maybe he meant Gates...or Zuckerberg. Tech is a great industry because it's one of the few where your portfolio of work actually means more than a piece of paper.

Key Lawrence
Omari Thomas
Harrison Bailey
Malachi Wideman
Tyler Baron

Jalin Hyatt
Jimmy Calloway
Len'Neth Whitehead
Dominic Bailey

Morven Joseph
Cooper Mays
Bryson Eason

Martavius French
Dee Beckwith

Doneiko Slaughter
Jimmy Holiday
Javontez Spraggins
Tamarion McDonald
Jabari Small
RJ Perry
James Robinson

Tee Hodge
Will Albright

Pruitt's last class, 9 of the 23 are no longer Vols.
Larry posted the top-50 QBs from the 2019 class

70% of them have already transferred 👀 Madhouse!

3 carries for 13 yards in two years.
Lol.

What is it with the obsession with size and running backs? Especially when the jumbo RBs, like FBs, are dying off in place of more efficient and versatile (passcatching) types.

Also reminds me of when people were enamored with Pruitt's 380 whatever lb insane OL recruit. As if that was a positive.

Like someone said in another thread, he could move inside more next year. Think he would be a great 3rd and 4+ DT

Not sure if his frame will hold more “good” weight, but might be an option that helps the team and him.

Then we should let these horribly mistreated players just burn it all to the ground on the of selfishness and greed....after all, they don't need us do they?

Which is a load of 🦬💩 If it wasn't for us there would be no opportunity for any of them...none...no money and no education either.

I never said they were horribly mistreated. I just think its crazy to villainize and question the character of kids who want to better themselves. Yet somehow we give the rest of the system a pass. We have coaches making $10m a year. College football coaches. Making more than most pro football coaches. The SEC rakes in hundreds of millions of dollars a year. Paul Feinbaum makes millions of dollars a year talking about these 19 year old kids. Dr Pepper spends millions of dollars a year advertising to college football fans. Even Jimmy Hyams gets paid off the backs of these kids.

Why aren't you mad at any of them? A kid is supposed to turn down six figures a year because you think its ok for everybody else to make a living but he should do it for the love of the game?

Mel Tucker is making $9m a year at Mich St. - Mel freaking Tucker. If there is a reason to burn it all down, it was at the point that Mel Tucker got $9m a year from anybody.

I don't like it any more than you do, but I am not about to blame the kids for doing something that you and I are able to do, and would do if we had the chance. Something that everybody around them has been doing for decades. If it was my kid and they had the opportunity to make 500k by transferring colleges, I wouldn't hesitate to encourage it. Assuming that the costs of scholarships, housing, food, etc are mostly the same at every school, then we are essentially asking 20 year old kids to do something for free when they could be doing the same thing for $500k. In what world is that even remotely reasonable?

Reactions: #1GatorHater
There's still time for Dee to pull out!!

giphy.gif

Lol.

What is it with the obsession with size and running backs? Especially when the jumbo RBs, like FBs, are dying off in place of more efficient and versatile (passcatching) types.

Also reminds me of when people were enamored with Pruitt's 380 whatever lb insane OL recruit. As if that was a positive.

Just like the idea of having a guy who when it's 1st and Goal at the opponent's 1 yard line you know handing him the rock 3 times he's most likely getting in.

I mean technically ya can do this with a good TE/HB and we have a few that would fit the bill. Would also be useful to have someone who can pass protect beside the QB that doesn't get absolutely ran through by LBs or big safeties.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
But has he heard anything about if Tillman is coming back?

Tillman won't come back unless Hooker does. The real question is when are we going to hear about Hooker? I mean what those two are going to do is just a big mystery. I just wish I knew somewhere to go to get information about what they are going to do.

That list is impressive on paper. Recruiting is such a crapshoot. I’m still disappointed Dee and Malachi didn’t work out. Those two guys have all the physical tools to be solid players.

My years on Volnation have taught me recruiting, coaching searches and player evaluations coming out of the Spring game are all crap shoots

Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back