Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
9846f73aa460233a2059c18f0793b2ca521003fa.gifv
A+ gif usage.
Grass isn’t always greener boys & girls.

I'd rather Baron be here for another 2 years than anywhere else. I just don't think he's an edge/OLB edge guy. Seems to lack the flexibility to really get into the lean that most elite pass rusher have.

I do think he can be as productive as Butler or Tremblay playing in that role. If he can add some strength/size this off-season.

Austin_Price:

Baron is out of the portal and staying at Tennessee per multiple sources. Nothing is definitive for spring until he goes to class or other drop/add days pass but good news for the Vols. Now we wait on Verse. Hear there has been really good dialogue with Neyor coming off USC visit.

We hear ours more than see her. Hear her running in between the walls, probably chasing something. Sometimes I'll look up when I'm taking a shower and she's hanging there, probably wants some sweet smelling shampoo or something. Every now and then you'll pull a plate out and she's just chillin on the whole thing.

Other than that, pretty chill pest control.

Now the freaking copperheads we put in the garage for the mice are a completely different story.

Austin_Price:

Baron is out of the portal and staying at Tennessee per multiple sources. Nothing is definitive for spring until he goes to class or other drop/add days pass but good news for the Vols. Now we wait on Verse. Hear there has been really good dialogue with Neyor coming off USC visit.

But has he heard anything about if Tillman is coming back?

This is spot on. NiL is just the newest thing to freak out about. Mostly because it's so unknown and people freak out about what they don't fully understand.
What I see some freaking out about is they are wanting to know ALL the numbers. IMHO we'll never know what a players NIL contract entails. Sure, Velus had a burger deal, Alantoe cookie deal and that was the looked at shaby suck ass deal by some without even know what the whole facts are.....any way !

I'd rather Baron be here for another 2 years than anywhere else. I just don't think he's an edge/OLB edge guy. Seems to lack the flexibility to really get into the lean that most elite pass rusher have.

I do think he can be as productive as Butler or Tremblay playing in that role. If he can add some strength/size this off-season.

IMO Baron is a guy you can use at different spots along line depending on personnel package. He is a 3 down lineman when healthy. Can play inside or outside and stout against run. I’d much rather have him and see what another year in weight room does for his body and health.

On a scale from 1 to Reggie White, Tyler Baron definitely moved closer to Reggie White today.
That could be taken a couple different ways....the GOAT/Minister of Defense has only had a couple approach his caliber, Barron is not close by long shot YET !

We hear ours more than see her. Hear her running in between the walls, probably chasing something. Sometimes I'll look up when I'm taking a shower and she's hanging there, probably wants some sweet smelling shampoo or something. Every now and then you'll pull a plate out and she's just chillin on the whole thing.

Other than that, pretty chill pest control.

Now the freaking copperheads we put in the garage for the mice are a completely different story.
this you fam?
1641590657181.gif

Austin_Price:

MB7z.gif

Last edited:
I mean I trust the staff, but Christian Beal is 5'10" 200lbs (I'm not buying he's actually this heavy) and he lead WF with 604 rushing yards.

Doesn't seem any different than Small, Wright or any of the incoming guys. I mean he's heavier than Sampson I guess. Maybe we don't need a big back, but Ky Thomas has more eligibility left and was far more productive at Minnesota also a bit bigger it looks like as well.
Yeah...hardly care about size at RB these days, especially in this offense where speed kills. Plus I don't want to be hitting our heads against the wall trying to out-Bama and out-UGA Bama and UGA.

But just 4.6 ypc his jr yr in the ACC doesn't move the needle much either. But if we want him, then let's roll. At this point we may just need a decent body there and he's still a decent rb.

Reactions: Brillovol
I wonder if Tyler Baron will withdraw his name from the transfer portal? I have not seen anything about this.

He is waiting on Tillman's decision, which is solely dependent on HH and what he decides to do. We must continue to monitor all subspace frequencies and the twitters.

Austin_Price:

Cheers to all the morans badmouthing the kid when he had merely entered the portal and nothing else 😂
giphy (2) (31).gif

Its true that these are different motivators for transferring, but they are also not mutually exclusive. I wonder how everybody would feel about HH if we found out that Pruitt gave him 250k to transfer here (HYPOTHETICAL). Would it change anybody's opinion of him? Minimize the value of the work that he has put in?

If Zach Evans transferred to Ole Miss without all the drama and we had no idea about the deal he got there or that he was looking for NIL money, would we even care?

My nephew graduated high school recently and took an entry level job making 30k salary. He was very good at his job and after 6 months, he was recruited by another firm offering to pay him close to six figures. Everybody he talked to said he would be crazy to turn it down. What is different between him and a player that transfers for 100k a year?

How many schools has Mike Gundy played in order to get more money (us at least twice)? And why would we expect one of Mike Gundy's players not to do the same thing? We blame the players, but its not like they have good role models. They aren't blind and are sitting there watching their coaches leave for better paying jobs. Lincoln Riley left for a better deal. Why shouldn't Caleb Williams get to do the same thing? The coaches are rarely criticized for their lack of commitment but a 19 yo kid gets lambasted in the media for it. Its a bizarre double standard.

And one final point since I know that everybody likes to bring up scholarships and the such, but scholarships are only guaranteed for a year. Coaches can, and do, pull them. As a fan base, we do not have a problem when a player who works hard, shows up to all meetings and practices on time, plays on the scout team, but gets processed because a better player is available. As a matter of fact, our fanbase would burn mattresses if they found out that the coaches passed on an elite player so they could honor the scholly of a scout team guy.
Then we should let these horribly mistreated players just burn it all to the ground in the name of selfishness and greed....after all, they don't need us do they?

Which is a load of 🦬💩 If it wasn't for us there would be no opportunity for any of them...none...no money and no education either.

Last edited:
Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back