Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never said they were horribly mistreated. I just think its crazy to villainize and question the character of kids who want to better themselves. Yet somehow we give the rest of the system a pass. We have coaches making $10m a year. College football coaches. Making more than most pro football coaches. The SEC rakes in hundreds of millions of dollars a year. Paul Feinbaum makes millions of dollars a year talking about these 19 year old kids. Dr Pepper spends millions of dollars a year advertising to college football fans. Even Jimmy Hyams gets paid off the backs of these kids.

Why aren't you mad at any of them? A kid is supposed to turn down six figures a year because you think its ok for everybody else to make a living but he should do it for the love of the game?

Mel Tucker is making $9m a year at Mich St. - Mel freaking Tucker. If there is a reason to burn it all down, it was at the point that Mel Tucker got $9m a year from anybody.

I don't like it any more than you do, but I am not about to blame the kids for doing something that you and I are able to do, and would do if we had the chance. Something that everybody around them has been doing for decades. If it was my kid and they had the opportunity to make 500k by transferring colleges, I wouldn't hesitate to encourage it. Assuming that the costs of scholarships, housing, food, etc are mostly the same at every school, then we are essentially asking 20 year old kids to do something for free when they could be doing the same thing for $500k. In what world is that even remotely reasonable?
Then CFB will die and the vast majority, the thousands of players who have no chance at professional football will lose the value of a very expensive education

I think coaches making that money is stupid too..they make that money because of TV and overpriced tickets and merchandise sales. I wear Tennessee gear because of no player, I buy it because I am a Tennessean.

**** it....burn it all to the ground.

Seriously, I never understood why Beckwith wasn't converted to a TE or defense. He's not a RB IMO.
He is not physical enough to run the damn ball, so he sure as hell can't block, and he sure as hell can't play defense either.

The kid is a specimen, but he is just not a football player...at least not at this level.

They've played one real game and lost. Let's see where they are at the end of the season. I'll eat my crow when they beat someone significant. Kudos to the Lady Vols thus far though. Still can't recognize any organized offense.
And there it is. in any Vol sport, no game we win is worth a darn, no team we beat is a real team.

For those wondering about Spyre Sports related to NIL and fans donating....
I know there have been a lot of questions in previous threads so I wanted to address as many items as I could in one spot.

First of all, we want to be as transparent as possible. 90% of every dollar generated through fan donations and the 1951 Club will go to athletes. The other 10% is our overhead costs. For anyone who donates, you will be included in our email mailing list and will receive a monthly newsletter along with other news throughout the month detailing new signings, event announcements, and more specifics on exactly how we are spending this money and on which athletes.

It is true that the University cannot have any official involvement. To create legitimacy for ourselves and what we are doing, we established relationships with Tennessee's largest donors and have their complete support.

In terms of what's next for us, we will shortly announce several new signings with current members of the football team. We are also working on an "Event Series" that will take place across the State and will bring Tennessee athletes to all the major markets. Our goal here is to change the narrative on in-state recruiting. If you are from Tennessee and go to Tennessee, you will have NIL deals. So we will get current Tennessee athletes in the Nashville and Memphis markets among others and show the high school underclassmen NIL in action.

We have created The 1951 Club as a way for fans to give, be involved in NIL and receive back some benefits. If you are interested in checking it out, you can go to our website, https://www.spyresports.com and click "1951 Club" and enter password attack. You can also just make a one-time donation here, https://www.spyresports.com/featured-project

We are always happy to answer questions and talk to anyone, anytime.

My email is james@spyresports.com

And on our website, we decided to spend less on it and more on athletes. I think we can probably all appreciate that. But if you are still uncomfortable, please email me.

We have created The 1951 Club as a way for fans to give, be involved in NIL and receive back some benefits. If you are interested in checking it out, you can go to our website, https://www.spyresports.com and click "1951 Club" and enter password attack.

Man I really wish this title game was tomorrow night, I’ll still have a little snow on the ground and Philly cheesesteaks on the menu. Why oh why is the college football national championship game always on a Monday.

Travesty. Hate it. Change it.

Agreed, the majority of the season happens on Saturday and then the championship game happens on Monday night...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back