Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 434268

This is my brother, he lost his battle with cancer a few hours ago. This picture was taken in 1968 when he was flying a Huey "slick" and dropping LERPs and extracting them out of Bien Hoa, South Vietnam. On one of his missions he extracted a platoon under fire and lost 2 feet of his rotor blade and still got everyone home, received several medals for heroism.

He had no regrets, he lived a good full life. But the old guy you shuffling into Walmart, this is what he may have looked like 50 or 60 years ago. I will miss his humor and his fearlessness.

Prayers for peace and comfort during this difficult time.

View attachment 434268

This is my brother, he lost his battle with cancer a few hours ago. This picture was taken in 1968 when he was flying a Huey "slick" and dropping LERPs and extracting them out of Bien Hoa, South Vietnam. On one of his missions he extracted a platoon under fire and lost 2 feet of his rotor blade and still got everyone home, received several medals for heroism.

He had no regrets, he lived a good full life. But the old guy you shuffling into Walmart, this is what he may have looked like 50 or 60 years ago. I will miss his humor and his fearlessness.

So sorry to hear. Thanks for sharing that story.

View attachment 434268

Praise God for a life well-lived and for Men and Women willing to give the ultimate Sacrifice!

Worldle is impossible. Does anyone play that without a map?
I try my best to not. I've gotten 3 right in a little over a week. Those times without a map. Not great odds, but just trying to do it straight up mostly.

If I really have no idea exactly where my closest guess is or what region I need to be guessing in, I'll look to see where my last guess is to get an idea of roughly where I need to be guessing. I did accidentally see the answer once for Eritrea, but I don't go looking for the answer by any means.

Most times I don't look because I have some ideas, but bomb in the end. It is tough, for sure.

Globle helps too. The 2 together are a powerful learning tool. And fun.

View attachment 434268

Wow, what a story. Prayers for all of you. Nothing but mad respect for anyone who served and especially mad respect for soldiers who served like this.

View attachment 434268

Thank you for posting this and I am sorry that your brother died. Praying peace and comfort for all of you. True hero’s are right in front of us every day and we don’t take a minute to realize who they really are.

Yesterday's was pretty difficult. I got it down to Eastern Europe, but didn't want to check a map and missed after guessing all the countries around it.

Today's was easier.
Opposite here. Though I always use Czech as my bearing in Europe because of it's unique shape.

Today's was much tougher for me. Last guess got it. And maybe, again, because it's beside a globle answer from the other day. The 2 sites seem to be on the same wavelength recently 🤝

View attachment 434268

So sorry for your loss. I'm sure his memory will be one cherished my many.

#2 I'd probably start with this one Dre/Snoop/50/Eminem, Lady Gaga, Madonna, Michael Jackson, or Katy Perry (mainly with Missy Elliott cameo setting things off) I also liked watching J Lo and Shakira, but I will admit it's not for the singing or the music that I was enthralled
All I can say is I'm pretty glad we at least get some decent ones these days. I looked back at the early 90s/late 80s "shows" and woof...

Reactions: MoCo_Vol
All I can say is I'm pretty glad we at least get some decent ones these days. I looked back at the early 90s/late 80s "shows" and woof...

Yeah, other than Michael Jackson they had some terrible shows. And anything prior was even badder than those.

View attachment 434268

I’m so sorry, but what a blessing to live a good full life and to do it without regrets. May his memory and his spirit bring you and everyone who loved him comfort.

Why are you telling all of VN my password, dude? Not cool.

iu

Wife just tested positive for Covid. Second time around for her. Hate this stuff.

View attachment 434268

Prayers for peace and comfort.

I don’t think NIL is that big of a change from the old way of doing things… except this time more programs can pay without penalties where it used to be a select few at a time able to do that. Money has always been a part of recruiting big players. That’ll stay the same. I think the bigger issue here is the Transfer Portal. It’s madness needs to be more restrictive timelines to enter, exit etc.

Reactions: triadvolfan
Can’t wait for the basketball game tonight. Cautiously optimistic we can pull out the win… Containing Kentuckys inside game will be key. Them not having Ty Ty Washington helps a TON. Guy is a stud no question. 76-71 VOLS

View attachment 434268

Sorry for your loss 🙏

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back