Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you give Heup comparable talent to UGA the 3rd Saturday in October, and the SEC Championship rematch will be the IT game yearly once again. His offense would be Art Briles level but with NFL talent all over the field. It's disgustingly beautiful just thinking about it.
Absolutely. We were in the red zone against UGA 9 times this year, we just couldn't capitalize primarily due to the significant talent advantage they had on defense. Even that up and what happens? Bring it.

"If you would have asked us four to five months ago, we might have said we want to try and raise 3 million, 4 million, 5 million annually. Now, the goal is 25 million annually... We think that goal is absolutely attainable..If this is how the game is played, then game on."

"We're prepared to invest a substantial amount of resources into the 2023 recruiting class... well into the seven-figure category."

"Tennessee signed seven of the nine class of 2022 prospects Spyre Sports had significant conversations with during the recruiting process."

"We realized how much money we were going to need to be elite.. and we're shooting for number 1."

"Some are payable for multiple years, but packages like the ones Spyre helps arrange for players are routinely for more than six figures."

"[Spyre] has enlisted the help of a Washington, D.C. political fundraise it connected with via Heath Shuler."

" 'They've taken the right approach, which is to get the right people involved and engaged, and they've done that from the fan standpoint to the high diners,' Said Shuler."

"We want players to see through social media if you come to Tennessee, they're going to have a nice car, going to have a nice apartment."

"We feel like the quarterback at Tennessee can make as much money as anywhere in the country. If you go out and replicate the season Hendon Hooker just had, there's no reason why at the end of the day in deals we do and other companies do or national brands, the quarterback at Tennessee shouldn't make seven figures a year... Out of respect for Hendon, it's probably inappropriate to discuss specific dollar amounts, and we don't want our competitors to know what we're doing, but I promise what Hendon has been presented with has been substantial."

"If we execute, Tennessee will be able to close the talent gap with teams like Georgia and Alabama a lot quicker than the previous model, where you had to build a program back slowly."
We can outspend Bammer…. Hopefully we can get some of these elite guys on board April-May and make some noise

We can outspend Bammer…. Hopefully we can get some of these elite guys on board April-May and make some noise
If Nico commits in March the ball will be rolling. Top talent is going to want to play with him. He's probably the 2nd best QB in this class behind Malachi Nelson.

F cancer. Lost a good friend yesterday. Can't believe, with all the things we've accomplished, we still can't kill this stuff.

I am so sorry. I have a long time friend who is battling, too. He is a father to 2 young kids, and he has done so much for others in his life. Just breaks my heart.

Everyone tends to confuse freedom of speech with freedom from consequences. The definition of freedom of speech is to express yourself without censorship, which he was freely able to do without being censored, however there are consequences to all our actions, good or bad. The consequences being, he was fired.
I keep hesitating because it just feels like, in some situations, “consequences” is sometimes used when coercion is more like what is happening. Not saying in this situation necessarily but sometimes…

"If we execute, Tennessee will be able to close the talent gap with teams like Georgia and Alabama a lot quicker than the previous model, where you had to build a program back slowly."

I haven't seen any indication yet that UGA plans to implement a university wide NIL program like Spyre. If so, I'd expect to see their recruiting start to drop off significantly as early as this season. It'll probably sound odd to diehard fans, but at this point I'd be fine with that, even if it meant an eventual drop down to a lower level of competition.

My interest in cfb has for about 10 years been trending more toward looking at stats, reading message boards and observing trends, and away from an emotional attachment to my team's success. This change to professional college sports (yes, I understand it's been headed that way for a long time) and free agency seems likely to extinguish even that residual interest in the game.

"If you would have asked us four to five months ago, we might have said we want to try and raise 3 million, 4 million, 5 million annually. Now, the goal is 25 million annually... We think that goal is absolutely attainable..If this is how the game is played, then game on."

"We're prepared to invest a substantial amount of resources into the 2023 recruiting class... well into the seven-figure category."

"Tennessee signed seven of the nine class of 2022 prospects Spyre Sports had significant conversations with during the recruiting process."

"We realized how much money we were going to need to be elite.. and we're shooting for number 1."

"Some are payable for multiple years, but packages like the ones Spyre helps arrange for players are routinely for more than six figures."

"[Spyre] has enlisted the help of a Washington, D.C. political fundraise it connected with via Heath Shuler."

" 'They've taken the right approach, which is to get the right people involved and engaged, and they've done that from the fan standpoint to the high diners,' Said Shuler."

"We want players to see through social media if you come to Tennessee, they're going to have a nice car, going to have a nice apartment."

"We feel like the quarterback at Tennessee can make as much money as anywhere in the country. If you go out and replicate the season Hendon Hooker just had, there's no reason why at the end of the day in deals we do and other companies do or national brands, the quarterback at Tennessee shouldn't make seven figures a year... Out of respect for Hendon, it's probably inappropriate to discuss specific dollar amounts, and we don't want our competitors to know what we're doing, but I promise what Hendon has been presented with has been substantial."

1644946100857.gif

1644946290554.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back