Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
My flipping comment was for effect, but really outside of Wuerfel, he didn't trust any of them enough not to jank them from game to game.

My point was that for almost all of his career, SOS's strategy flew in the face of conventional wisdom that you have to have a stable QB situation to win. Even when he went with 1 guy, it was rarely a stable situation yet he won at a rate our fan base would be happy with at this point.

I don't propose acting like SOS long-term, but we don't have the luxury of having a dependable QB. It may be that some unconventional QB mgmt this year could pay off. That is all I was proposing. Is it any different than running a wildcat occassionally?
“Occasionally” I don’t even post a counter. Got sidetracked by the for effect, I guess.

The year Josh Dobbs was fourth string….. he came in and went 1-4 in wins…..had a pathetic 3.8 yards per pass attempt and a pathetic QB rating that was 20 points less than JG’s worse year including two games where he threw for less than 80 yards…. He didn’t win the starting job the next season either but took over midway through and played much better.

He doesn’t need to impress you…. He needs to start the guy he feels gives us the best chance to win.
Ummmm......looking at facts like that doesn't support the point be was trying to make so those facts are LIES!

Oregon's OL Coach. I am shooooookkkk.

View attachment 394831
Could it be possible?
E4HRBLVYQRD57M2BSDIWW2NKRM.JPG

You’re not gonna be sniffing anything with classes routinely in the 25-30 range in the SEC.

We aren't sniffing anything anyway. Even when we show out with a great class or two, our best stretch since 2007 is two 8-win seasons, and a bunch of barely over or under .500 seasons.

Sam “BBQ Pit Boss” Pittman

Speaking of Pittman… I realized the other day that he is the modern day Fulmer. OL Coach. Elite recruiting skill and ability to build relationships with players and parents. Not an X and O guy but a manager of people. They key to his success will be his coordinator hires. He hit home runs with his staff. Getting Odom has been they secret sauce. What he is doing with that defense is incredible. Then landing Kendal Briles on offense. The key will be when he loses those two what happens and who he gets

Speaking of Pittman… I realized the other day that he is the modern day Fulmer. OL Coach. Elite recruiting skill and ability to build relationships with players and parents. Not an X and O guy but a manager of people. They key to his success will be his coordinator hires. He hit home runs with his staff. Getting Odom has been they secret sauce. What he is doing with that defense is incredible. Then landing Kendal Briles on offense. The key will be when he loses those two what happens and who he gets

Yeah -when- (not if) he loses those two it'll be interesting to see if the new hires can keep him a float.

Briles will for sure take the first solid HC job he gets offered, Odom may be a bit more patient...but if a NFL gig comes calling I wonder if he'd go that route.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
But if Milton or Hooker has a good game they are going to say Milton or Hooker has finally figured it out. I bet the same people who are on the Milton train are the same ones who was on the Butch, Pruitt and JG train.
why not just trust the guy that routinely has top 10 offenses…. It doesn’t matter if it’s Milton, Hooker, or Bailey…. The guy knows offense.

The fact that Heupel took this job, looked around the QB room, and eagerly took Milton, tells you everything you need to know about how he feels about his QBs.

I'm sorry you won't get to see if you were right or wrong about whatever QB, but he took a chance with Milton, and continues to take a chance with Milton, for a reason. Or we're just going to be rotating QBs anyway, so just grab your pompoms for your favorite guy and wait to shake em.

Either way, he's not confident in any guy that was here. I can't imagine he's any more confident now than he was a few months ago. He had to lose Salter, he chose to lose Mauer, we're stuck with the rest. It is what it is, folks.

NYG Saquan Barkley is limited and Evan Engram is out. Knowing that would you start Sterling Shepard over Chase Claypool this week? 🤔

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back