Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you and your school using CER to dictate your pacing guide? I also teach Social Studies, and the standards go in order. However, Science has me jumping all around our textbook.
No, we usually created out own pacing guide. My recommendation is group like subjects and find an order that makes sense. I like to go small to big because every subject scaffolds best that way imo. In the end do what you're comfortable with and a lot of games/ labs

Reactions: headhunter15
Yessss the one out of one million is the rule!!!

Uh. No. That was just with our own team and very recently. Joe burrow was 3rd string. Kyler Murray lost the competition twice. Felipe franks was ahead of Frask. This happens all the time. Especially with upperclassmen vs underclassmen. Not unusual at all

As far as UT goes Peyton was also 3rd on depth chart

Not quite 1 in a million. Happens all the time.

Uh. No. That was just with our own team and very recently. Joe burrow was 3rd string. Kyler Murray lost the competition twice. Felipe franks was ahead of Frask. This happens all the time. Especially with upperclassmen vs underclassmen. Not unusual at all

All of those players that you mentioned had something in common….. they weren’t ready and had to grow and get better.

Let’s just not act like it’s crazy to think a coach could be off on a 3rd string eval. Or that even if right from practice film some kids just have it w the lights on (Dobbs being fantastic recent example)

Reactions: Smokeytom

joe burrow was 3rd string where? he won the job in camp after transferring in.
Kyler Murray same.
Frank’s got hurt...

Go on.

The same things you guys hates Pruitt for, y’all now want heupel to do in rewarding players who aren’t performing as well as other position players in practice. that’s why the team was ass and fractured last season. No accountability.
have any of y’all played or coached team sports? Serious question

If you do currently coach, go to your team and tell them I’m playing the 3rd string guy despite you guys showing up and practicing better than him. And see how long that team plays hard for you

That would be a shock. Because everything we’ve seen from HB up to this point has been far better as a passer than the other two have been so far this season
Yeah, I wasn't actually taking a position on HB with that. My point was just that if he played, then good performance or bad performance, there would be a lot of people here explaining it away. It's how we do.

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol
As Johnny Majors once said “If ifs and buts were candy and nuts we would all have a Merry Christmas “.

Always thought my dad was the clever one who came up with this saying. He used it all of the time in similar situations.

If I had some eggs, I’d have some ham and eggs, if I had some ham.

Turns out it was a fairly common line. But I’ll always hear my dad’s voice when I think of that joke or use it around my kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back