Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
The year Josh Dobbs was fourth string….. he came in and went 1-4 in wins…..had a pathetic 3.8 yards per pass attempt and a pathetic QB rating that was 20 points less than JG’s worse year including two games where he threw for less than 80 yards…. He didn’t win the starting job the next season either but took over midway through and played much better.

He doesn’t need to impress you…. He needs to start the guy he feels gives us the best chance to win.
JG!!!

Ohio state. That’s why he xferred
Murray lost to Kyle Allen at a and m.
Trask lost to Frank’s when he was clearly the far superior player
Trask came into college as a very raw guy with tremendous upside…. I would trust Dan Mullen also to know when a QB is ready.

Last edited:
Ohio state. That’s why he xferred
Murray lost to Kyle Allen at a and m.
Trask lost to Frank’s when he was clearly the far superior player

So you’re talking about being 3rd string somewhere else and transferring in and winnning the job?
Ok so we agree, that being a 3rd stringer on the same roster and winning, let alone being Gifted the starting position is extremely RARE.

No. When you say dictate pacing, are you talking about the order you teach the standards in throughout the year or dictate the pacing of your lessons?

The order of my standards. I’m on 6.ESS2 right now.
We use McGraw-Hill and my first standard for 6.ESS2.1 had me jump to chapter 9 lesson 3. I ended up doing lessons 1 and 2. My kids didn’t really have a clue about anything dealing with oceans.

Could it be possible?
E4HRBLVYQRD57M2BSDIWW2NKRM.JPG
I’m still wondering what his screen name is.. I have a few in mind

Reactions: tnvols72
The order of my standards. I’m on 6.ESS2 right now.
We use McGraw-Hill and my first standard for 6.ESS2.1 had me jump to chapter 9 lesson 3. I ended up doing lessons 1 and 2. My kids didn’t really have a clue about anything dealing with oceans.
Yeah we don't use that particular text but that standard needs a huge focus on density. Ocean currents come down to density because of heat or salt concentration.

Send me your email and I'd be happy to help you out in any way I can. I'm fortunate to work in a great system with seven other teachers that also teach sixth grade science in my school. It helps when planning lessons to have them to share the load.

Reactions: headhunter15
Heupel on Vol Calls - Hooker and Bailey have both had a good week of practice - Milton moved around a bit more today but apparently not at 100% yet.

Hubbs asked what Heupel liked about his QBs on Saturday. Heupel said they did some things with their legs. He didn't say anything at all about their passing.

More from Heupel:

Tiyon & Jabari not completely cleared yet for Saturday. Not being coy. They're moving around some but not guaranteed to play.

Cooper is making progress, not completely cleared, might not be the best thing to play him this week.

Will know more about Hyatt maybe by the end of the week.

Bob asked what does he do if he doesn't have certain players back? Is it next man up?

Heupel says it's only Wednesday, Bob. The most important meetings yet to happen are the meetings with the trainers.

Golesh comes on after Heupel and Bob asks him about Milton and Hooker. Alex says he likes Milton, work in progress, because he knows and understands the system. He says Hendon brings a savvy, calmness, and cool demeanor. He stressed Hooker's status as a vet. He suggested Milton needs to learn how to better prepare if he wants to improve his performance. Golesh reminded Bob that Milton wasn't here for the spring and has only had around 30 practices so far. He seem to be suggesting that Milton wasn't ready yet but I'm almost sure that wasn't his intention. jmo.

I think Hooker likely starts Saturday and we may get to see some of our other running backs. I suspect they're going to try to get a lot of guys that are banged up as much back to full health as possible before heading to the swamp. jmo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back